PDA

View Full Version : How do you store clay mitts and towels?

spewking
05-30-2020, 11:25 AM
My nanoskin mitt and speed master towel stick to everything when I store them. The towels clay surface sticks to itself when folded and I have to be careful when unfolding. The mitt sticks to the plastic container it came in and the cardboard insert. I’m afraid of ripping the surface and ruining the usefulness of the clay surface when I go to remove and use them.

How do you store your clay mitts and towels to avoid the above and/or safeguard their longevity? Thanks.

PaulMys
05-30-2020, 05:18 PM
I store mine in a small, sealable plastic tote with the faces (rubber) up. I have the mitts, sponges, and Griot's discs.

I do not own a towel, but if I did, I would try and slip a piece of wax paper in between the folds where the rubber would touch, and then put it in the tote. JMO

Markymapo
05-30-2020, 07:57 PM
Wax paper a great idea !

spewking
05-31-2020, 11:14 AM
I store mine in a small, sealable plastic tote with the faces (rubber) up. I have the mitts, sponges, and Griot's discs.

I do not own a towel, but if I did, I would try and slip a piece of wax paper in between the folds where the rubber would touch, and then put it in the tote. JMO

Thanks! I used parchment paper (didn’t have wax on hand) and it appears to work great.