PDA

View Full Version : P21S yellow carnuba or white carnuba?

Pages : [1] 2

Demonicus666
07-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Hey guys I was just wondering if the P21S contained yellow #1 carnuba or #1 white (ivory) carnuba??
Also does anybody know if Blitz wax is a #1 yellow or #1 white (ivory) carnuba?
Thanks guys.

Surfer
07-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Pretty sure their both #1 yellow. I've heard good stuff about One Grands Blitz line in terms of looks and durability. P21S/S100 don't care for, durability is crap and doesn't look anything special, just clear and reflective. I've seen a lot of poeple compare it to Souveran and IMO Souv blows it away, and Souv is #1 white ivory.

ScottB
07-16-2006, 11:33 AM
they are usually yellow (high grade #1) unless specifically noted.

scooterguitar
07-16-2006, 01:07 PM
I always wanted to try Blitz, but doubt I'll ever buy any.

ScottB
07-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Malms is now touting a special edition, limited availability carnuaba, anyone tried ??

scooterguitar
07-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Malms is now touting a special edition, limited availability carnuaba, anyone tried ??

Yumm, lets go halfsies on some;)

3Dog
07-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Are you talking about the 125.00 a can stuff?

Surfer
07-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Malms is now touting a special edition, limited availability carnuaba, anyone tried ??This http://shop.malms.com/Qstore/uploads/paste2.jpg ?

ScottB
07-16-2006, 06:07 PM
yeppers, actually a carnuaba I have never tried ....

Demonicus666
07-16-2006, 06:11 PM
The Malms extreme wax sounds good but its a bit to pricy for a blend of white and yellow carnuba. Well I probably can buy it, but I would just get a pure #1 yellow carnuba wax such as Mothers Pure Carnuba wax about $18 or P21S Carnuba wax about $31 and get a pure #1 ivory (white) carnuba such as Pinnacle Souverian $70 or Top of The Line Trade Secret Carnuba wax about $35. Id just buy any of the above products white and yellow and just top them off over each other.

(deleted information from Malms site regarding wax -- ie: description)

ScottB
07-16-2006, 06:16 PM
The Malms extreme wax sounds good but its a bit to pricy for me. Well I probably can buy it, but I would just get a pure #1 yellow carnuba wax such as Mothers Pure Carnuba wax about $18 or P21S Carnuba wax about $31 and get a pure #1 ivory (white) carnuba such as Pinnacle Souverian $70 or Top of The Line Trade Secret Carnuba wax about $35.

tried them all , even Zymol Concours and Ital waxes. Malms is too pricey for likely to little a reward, thats the issue. Likely to never try it ...but its one that I wonder about. Another from japan called Soft99 Premium Authentic. Wish I had a contact in South California that could send me some ...

Demonicus666
07-16-2006, 06:30 PM
GOOGLE SEARCH : Autofreak
I found the Soft99 Premium Authentic Carnuba on this site not bad for a price. Do you know if it contains #1 yellow or #1 white carnuba?

By the way are the Zymol Ital and Concours waxes any good for a $1000+ price tag??? I mean the most expensive one boasts like 65% ivory carnba which is awesome!

Surfer
07-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Another from japan called Soft99 Premium Authentic. Wish I had a contact in South California that could send me some ...If it's the one I'm thinking of, especially since you mentioned Cali, I remember somebody talking about it. Said it was like the Japanese version of Souveran. I think it's a company in Cali that is the only distributer or something like that.

Malms, I saw pics and the look was just like a normal waxed car even in detailed photos. Look at a photo of a car with something from AG and you can see quite a difference. Did some searching on their products and nobody was really impressed. Especially with stuff like Pinnacle, Poorboys, One Grand, Collinite etc on the market. From what I could find, they said the $125 jar of wax looked like Megs #16 and 26.

ScottB
07-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I found the Soft99 Premium Authentic Carnuba on this site not bad for a price. Do you know if it contains #1 yellow or #1 white carnuba?

By the way are the Zymol Ital and Concours waxes any good for a $1000+ price tag??? I mean the most expensive one boasts like 65% ivory carnba which is awesome!

Autofreak had some very bad publicity with hackers and no protection, so I have stayed away. And yes it is ivory carnuaba .... and imported from Japan would make it interesting in chemical makeup.

Zymol Ital (100.00) recently upgraded and now 360.00 and the Concours (175.00) look no better than Souveran. Adding them by hand was ugly business, and there paint cleaners are not as easy to use as Pinnacle and P21S. I find it amusing how everyone is willing to pay 100.00 for Glasur since it is offered as specially designed for Porsche paint. Hmm ....

Demonicus666
07-17-2006, 10:12 PM
So then in your own opinion its not really worth getting Zymol waxes for price and or function such as how long its lasts on the car's finish??

Also has any tried Harley's wax I want to get a #1 yellow carnuba wax and was wondering if this was a good wax to top with my Top of the Line Trade Secret Ivory wax.