PDA

View Full Version : Pad choice for Menzerna Products

nwa7265
05-27-2020, 06:24 PM
Hello i am going to be doing two of my cars, one is a pearl white car the other is a pearl green/grey color. i have never done any work to either car so they are in need of some love. i have done detailing before but just a basic polish and wax. i have the products picked out for what i will be doing. the only thing i am having a really hard time with is picking a pad to use for the products. i have looked around and i kinda have an idea but a lot of the post where really old and the pads have changed color Etc. here is the products i will be using for the polishing sealant and waxing steps and the pads i think i should use? i have done a lot a research and these are the products i have chosen i know there is a two set polish and all that but i like the results this three step gives.

i feel like using the black Lake ccs or flat pad for all those steps is not right. almost want a red pad (zero cut) for the sealant and wax but i don't see a red pad in the Lake pads

I'm using a Porter Cable DA

Menzerna Heavy Cut Compound 400 (orange ccs pad)
Menzerna Medium Cut Polish 2500 (either white or green ccs pad open to recommendations on one or the other)
Menzerna Super Finish Plus 3800 (black ccs?)
Jescar Power Lock+ (black again?)
Jescar Color Lock (black again?)

Thank you for the help

Dr Oldz
05-27-2020, 09:31 PM
First off, I don’t like the CCS pads. Just get the regular pads.

Secondly, hopefully you have a 5inch backing plate and are planning on using 5.5 pads!! Machine works much better with these pad sizes. If not, I suggest getting them.

I pretty much agree with your color scheme above. I would suggest just the 400 on orange followed by 3500 and a white or green pad tho. I don’t feel you are really going to benefit from the 3 steps. 400 is an amazing compound that will finish down really nice for a compound since it uses really quality abrasives. Following with 3500 will perfect the finish.

The black pads are fine for the two LSPs you listed.

Hope that helps.

nwa7265
05-27-2020, 10:01 PM
Yes it does help thank you

i will be using the 5.5 inch pads as there are some tight areas on the car that the 6.5 just won't work as nicely.

as far as the 3500 or the 3800 which do you recommend? i see people going back and forth about each one. they both seem to be a good choice either way. also you think a green pad would be used for the last finishing polish step?

as far as skipping the 2500 middle step i feel like because these cars haven't had any work, the one car i can't even slid a microfiber towel across the hood that it will just help kind of bridge that gap between the two. maybe I'm going above and beyond of what i really need to do.