PDA

View Full Version : Buff and Shine Dark blue uro-tec

Pages : [1] 2

Dr Oldz
05-26-2020, 09:25 PM
So I have bun using these pads rather often now. These were definitely a needed addition to the line.
It’s my go to AIO pad. It cuts well and finishes really nice on MOST paint systems. In the past I have found for AIO work that the maroon were too aggressive while the yellow were a bit shy on cut.
If you use uro-tec pads and haven’t tried these yet, I suggest you pick a few up. I love them on the CBEAST. They also work really nice on a long stroke polisher.

dwaleke
05-26-2020, 10:19 PM
Thanks for posting. I was just looking at these for my cbeast.

I've used the yellow uro-tech on a few cars already and I have (but haven't used yet) the maroon pads for AIO jobs on medium to harder paints.

I'll be picking up the dark blue during the next sale.

Mike Phillips
05-27-2020, 09:54 AM
Buff and Shine Dark blue uro-tec

It’s my go to AIO pad. It cuts well and finishes really nice on MOST paint systems.

In the past I have found for AIO work that the maroon were too aggressive while the yellow were a bit shy on cut.

I agree. The maroon pad tends to be to sharp for doing one-steps and can leave pad haze behind. The yellow tends to be to soft and doesn't offer enough correction ability. The blue pad fits in-between these two pads perfectly.

Do order plenty of pads though as I've noticed if you get them too hot, (use hard and long), the foam will tend to bowel-in.

I show the complete selection of Uro-Tech pads in my detailing classes when I teach entry level polishers, 8mm and now 9mm free spinning tools.

They are also a good match for the CBEAST when using the 5" backing plate.

Nice post Jim.

:)

briarpatch
05-27-2020, 10:40 AM
okay....color me a bit confused here. When I look at these on the B&S website, the blue pad looks to be heavier cut than the maroon ones......am I missing something? Perhaps looking at the wrong ones?

dwaleke
05-27-2020, 11:05 AM
They have a blue cutting pad and a newer dark blue heavy polishing pad.

The dark blue are being discussed here. It fits between the yellow and maroon pads.

Dr Oldz
05-27-2020, 11:27 AM
Do order plenty of pads though as I've noticed if you get them too hot, (use hard and long), the foam will tend to bowel-in.

:)

Good tip! Personally I have learned: The more pads the better. I have no problem purchasing A LOT of pads. While initial investment is more there are a lot of Benefits:

1: fresh pads simply work better
2: less caked up pads clean up much easier
3: pads can last a long long time when you are not saturating and abusing them.
4: efficiency. Less time cleaning pads and more time buffing.

I recommend to future readers to order as many pads as you can afford. I just finished up a large SUV yesterday and used a total of 14 of these specific pads on an AIO job. Pads cleaned up easy and are still brand new feeling.

Dr Oldz
05-27-2020, 11:31 AM
okay....color me a bit confused here. When I look at these on the B&S website, the blue pad looks to be heavier cut than the maroon ones......am I missing something? Perhaps looking at the wrong ones?
The AutoGeek site has then listed if you look there. You will see a description. I think only available in 3, 5 and 6 inch.

briarpatch
05-27-2020, 12:05 PM
The AutoGeek site has then listed if you look there. You will see a description. I think only available in 3, 5 and 6 inch.

Problem solved. I was looking at the 'Coarse blue' and not the 'Dark blue'. These would give me an option in between the Griots BOSS polishing pad and orange cutting pad.

richy
05-31-2020, 12:56 PM
Good tip! Personally I have learned: The more pads the better. I have no problem purchasing A LOT of pads. While initial investment is more there are a lot of Benefits:

1: fresh pads simply work better
2: less caked up pads clean up much easier
3: pads can last a long long time when you are not saturating and abusing them.
4: efficiency. Less time cleaning pads and more time buffing.

I recommend to future readers to order as many pads as you can afford. I just finished up a large SUV yesterday and used a total of 14 of these specific pads on an AIO job. Pads cleaned up easy and are still brand new feeling.

Jim,

I only use a few per car. I have my favourites. What I do is clean them in the sink and spin them dry at 3000 rpm on my rotary. The HUGE benefit I find from doing that (I even dampen them and spin them before I first use them on the car) is that they behave MUCH better that way too. I find they get dirtier faster that way, but it's worth it due to how well they work that way. Just my $.02. Those blue pads soften up (most do) beautifully.

Dr Oldz
06-01-2020, 09:27 PM
Jim,

I only use a few per car. I have my favourites. What I do is clean them in the sink and spin them dry at 3000 rpm on my rotary. The HUGE benefit I find from doing that (I even dampen them and spin them before I first use them on the car) is that they behave MUCH better that way too. I find they get dirtier faster that way, but it's worth it due to how well they work that way. Just my $.02. Those blue pads soften up (most do) beautifully.

Hey buddy!! Thanks for sharing your technique!!

I’m not a fan of damp pads personally. If I want my pad softer, I will just choose a softer pad. I like to just keep buffing and worry about pad cleaning later. I try not to clean much on the fly but just grab a new pad. I also tend to find that damp pads won’t last as long for me. I can see where dampening a pad can have a benefit in some situations for some tho. I have amassed a collection of pads where I find myself not needing to do this currently.

I credit this from trying to preserve HT pads in the past. Changing them out often and not using them wet made them last much longer. I like the HT pads but if ever so slightly abused, the durability fades fast.

Many way to skin a cat and what matters is the final product no matter how you get there.

dgage
10-22-2020, 12:27 PM
I just bought a CBeast from AutoGeek and I’d like to pickup some Uro-Tec pads but would prefer to get the 3, maybe 4 most needed pads. If I go with Coarse Blue and Dark Blue, would that cover a big need with some of the White and Yellow pads thrown in to handle different paint? Or should I throw in the Maroon as well just in case. Thanks.

TMQ
10-22-2020, 01:20 PM
I got the force hybrids....for the CBEAST, FINISHER and the BEAST in both pad sizes.

And now this...??? Geez, this is killing me---lol...

Guess going to have to wait a bit.

Tom

dgage
10-22-2020, 03:53 PM
Of course Tom. Always something. You’re one of the reasons I HAD to get a CBeast as the GG9 cords tried choking me, yeah, that’s it. :)

What 3 pad types would you recommend from the Force Hybrid series to stock up on? I have the Rupes Blue, Yellow, and White but am not happy the Rupes pads don’t hold as well as I’m used to with other pads, at least to the GG9 5” pad. But that could be a feature as it lets you know if the pad needs to be changed but I worry they may fully let go when polishing.

DUBL0WS6
10-22-2020, 04:05 PM
That maroon pad really should be called a light cutting pad.

TMQ
10-22-2020, 04:34 PM
dgage---

I am more and more in love with the CBEAST as I learn and appreciate what it can do for me.

In my recent post re: 2010 Camero. I broke out my old and trusty Rupes Mk II and yellow pads. I was kind of shocked how easy it was stalling!!!!
The reason for using rupes was I wanted the "refinement" of gloss offered by free spinning DA. Duh....

Pulled out the CBEAST and the finish was just as good if not better than the rupes! AND, this is a biggie---I can really press down on the Flex at certain areas that may need just a touch more bite!
That to me was the game changer!

And no cords either! I got kicked outside on the a job at one time due to space issues---no prob! Kept on cutting wherever whenever.

Sorry for rambling on the virtues of cordless polishing. Back to Hybrid Force pads.

1. Top on list--must have. The orange pad. All round polishing pad. Similar to the rupes yellow pads. This should be your main pads.
2. Next on list---must have. The white pads. Bit softer and nice if want do AIO. Or gloss refinement.
3. And last---Have a few gray pads on hand. Same as Rupes blue pads. You don't need many. I rarely need to be this aggressive on most of the jobs I have done. Just nice to have if need a major bite at certain spots.

Tom