PDA

View Full Version : duragloss polish bonding agent

k20z3kid
03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
hey folks! do any of you use this prior to applying a sealant? i used it before winter when i was applying dg105 sealant, but im not sure how well it works for other sealants. is it catered solely for duragloss sealants?? or would it work just as well with say wolfgang dgps??

MoBenzOwner
03-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Thats a good question. I dont have any experience with Duragloss other than AW, but have been thinking I would try them this fall to get me thru the winter. I will also be interested to see the DG users reponses.

richy
03-27-2008, 09:42 AM
I have used 601 a fair bit. I use it b/c I am usually pressed for time and it eliminates the curing time for the 105, so I can follow it up right after with AW. I haven't tried any other sealant over it..I like 105 too much to change. It doesn't affect the durability, only the cure time.

Al-53
03-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Now...601 is not a real curing accelerator..its a bonding agent..it preps the paint to ensure a good bonding surface...the residue mixes with the sealant and it acts like a catalyst to extend the life of the sealant..what it does do it starts the sealant to get a hard shell fast..but not make it cure faster..confusing ..yes...curing is the cross linking a sealant goes thru to exchange molecules to actually bond with the paint...this still takes a bit of time....ZFX is the only product I know of that is a curing accelerator...

601 info>>>>Is similar to an epoxy (A&B) and bonds chemically when it comes into contact with durable polishes. Duragloss PBA will double the durability and protection of polishes when applied prior to polishing.

DG said in my last conversation about a product i was interested in..Trackclaw..that you can apply another coat in 2-4 when using the PBA since it creates the hard shell in that time but still needs 12 hours to fully cure to its full crosslinking...

Now...601 can be used with any polysiloxane polymer type sealant..which s about 98% of sealants on the market....

Al

MadOzodi
03-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Ah ha...

Al, would DG601 negate PO115?

Al-53
03-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Ah ha...

Al, would DG601 negate PO115?

I am not sure..but a wild guess would say yes...worth trying any ways....the 601 is a cleaner..not to strong but may be enough to clear the menz.......

you can just do the sealant right over the Menz glaze...I like the menz glaze..but its not a real wet look..more deep and warm looking...

I used 105 right over the glaze...my method was I glazed...wiped off..let it sit a hour after buffing..used AW on top of it to sorta seal it..then did 105 over the AW..worked out fine....lasted from middle May till late August....with just washings as i wanted to see if it failed...and it did good...

AL

_M_
03-27-2008, 03:13 PM
i wonder if AG could get someone who really understands sealants to explain the process of curing and how you can speed up curing time.

im really beginning to question ZFXs ability to provide an instant cure. i cant imagine z2 or z5 being that different from any other sealant (that has the same base) that zfx wouldnt speed up their cure time as well if zfx really does enhance cure time.

additionally dry time and cure time does get used interchangably sometimes correctly and sometimes incorrectly.

MadOzodi
03-27-2008, 06:43 PM
I am not sure..but a wild guess would say yes...worth trying any ways....the 601 is a cleaner..not to strong but may be enough to clear the menz.......

you can just do the sealant right over the Menz glaze...I like the menz glaze..but its not a real wet look..more deep and warm looking...

I used 105 right over the glaze...my method was I glazed...wiped off..let it sit a hour after buffing..used AW on top of it to sorta seal it..then did 105 over the AW..worked out fine....lasted from middle May till late August....with just washings as i wanted to see if it failed...and it did good...

AL

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm just going to leave it out as it's one less step for my test. Deep and warm looking is what I'm looking for. I'm hoping that DG105 + SS II on one side over menz glaze will bring out a different look than WGDPS + Souv on the other side.