PDA

View Full Version : What is all over my paint and how do I safely remove it?

Temple90
05-24-2020, 04:46 PM
Today I was washing my car (White Subaru) and noticed that I have little red spots all over the paint. Typically I get these during the summer in a few spots, but this time they are everywhere.
It looks like rail dust, but washes away with some effort.
What are these spots and how do I safely remove them off of a coated car?

Any suggestions appreciated.

PaulMys
05-24-2020, 04:57 PM
Some pics would help.....

Temple90
05-24-2020, 05:02 PM
Some pics would help.....
It was difficult to capture in pics, but looks like little orange and red spots. Almost like bug blood, but all over the car.

Big Dave
05-24-2020, 05:12 PM
I don't know if it will be the same thing, but when I had my white wagon here in Australia, if I parked under a certain tree, I would get tiny spots of tree sap, which were clear to begin with, but changed to a red or orange as dust and dirt got stuck to it. If you caught it just as it happened a bit of QD would remove it. A few hours later an it was really difficult to get off. My solution was to get them to move my parking spot at work, and religiously avoid parking under trees. I never found any easy way to clean them off.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

PaulMys
05-24-2020, 05:13 PM
Where are you located?

Here on the tip of Long Island we have about about 100 types of pollen. Most of it is "dust-like", but some of it leaves those tiny spots like you are describing.

Having a good LSP, and checking the paint daily for these types of pollen is key. IMO

Temple90
05-24-2020, 08:51 PM

Temple90
05-24-2020, 08:52 PM
Where are you located?

Here on the tip of Long Island we have about about 100 types of pollen. Most of it is "dust-like", but some of it leaves those tiny spots like you are describing.

Having a good LSP, and checking the paint daily for these types of pollen is key. IMO

I am located in Philadelphia, so not too far. Could definitely be the case. I was away for a week and half and this happened. Typically I wash the car weekly to avoid contaminates getting stuck

spazzz
05-24-2020, 10:31 PM
Bee poop.

Let them soak for a second and wipe away. It usually takes a few attempts.

luckydawg
05-25-2020, 02:58 AM
if its rail dust- iron remover will take them out
if its artillery fungus- i'm not sure on that, maybe a wet towel with bleach??