PDA

View Full Version : This maybe a different kind of paint protection ?

luckydawg
05-22-2020, 05:16 PM
I recently changed the color of the interior of my vehicle ( just about done anyway ), I used what I feel is a good / high quality product that comes in a spray bomb. Nothing off the shelf @ wally world or auto zone etc... Got it from a automotive paint store. The finish looks every bit as good as I had hoped it would---

BUT

I have noticed that it scuffs / mars VERY easily. Now its only been about 24 hours so I know it will harden a bit more over the next few weeks.

So my ? to the board is-- other that over spraying with a clear ( which i do not want to do- I hate glossy interior finishes )-- is there a product / protectant that any of you guys found that would protect this from light scuff and scratches?

Thanks

Mike Phillips
05-23-2020, 08:05 AM
Are talking about the hard glossy trim inside a car?

:)

luckydawg
05-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Thanks for chiming in on this for me Mike- kind of @ a loss
I have painted / dyed ( old body shop guys call it dye ) the entire dash , trim and door panels.
Attached is a trim piece that goes under the steering column so yo can get a feel for what exactly i have done.
Also these are the products I used to do the job-- and I am VERY happy and somewhat surprised at the quality of results and finish that I achieved, it really looks professional. Is there anything that you can recommend for me to use as maybe some type of durable scuff preventative? The color was a spice / tan / camel to start with and I went to Landau Black