PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle paint coating cure time

waterman
05-18-2020, 03:24 PM
Hello,

I’m installing Pinnacle paint coating today. Will be ok for the car to be driven for ten miles and then sit for a day? It won’t be raining.

Mike Phillips
05-18-2020, 03:29 PM
Yes.

:)

Mike Phillips
05-18-2020, 03:36 PM
For everyone reading this into the future, (I should write an article on this topic, maybe I will),

When it comes to "cure time" or waiting time, etc.

No matter what the product,

Car Wax
Synthetic Paint Sealant
Polymer Paint Coating
Ceramic Paint Coating
Quartz Paint Coating
Graphene Paint Coating
Unobtaininum Paint Coating

In a PERFECT WORLD - and yes, I know we don't live in a perfect world. But id we did, you would wait for a

Window of Time

This window of time is 24 hours.

There's nothing magical about 24 hours, it's just a number that after this amount of time has passed, more than likely, and magic that is going to happen on the surface of the paint HAS HAPPENED and now you can put the car back into service.

It's just a good rule of thumb.

None of us have any idea how the secret voodoo juice in any given product works. By the word works, I mean, how it,

Bonds
Polymerizes
Covalent bonds
Hydro-bonds
Crosslinks
Dries
Cures
Sticks
Does the Wah, wah-a Watusi

Because we cannot know 100% for sure - due to factors out of our control and the control of the manufacture, (things like proper prep, humidity or lack thereof, etc.) it's simply a good rule of thumb or BEST PRACTICE to NOT disrupt the product in any way if at all possible.

By the word disrupting - I mean things like touching it. Or Driving in the rain.

But hey, if you have to - you have to.

Touching it

I have always see people, AFTER wiping off a coat of wax or fill in the blank, they continue to WIPE on the car. Admiring it and wiping it. They love their car. They love the way it looks. What they don't understand is they are DISRUPTING the substance on the surface of the paint and micro-abrading it. They are undoing their hard work.

So after you make the final wipe - stand back, admire the results and say,

It is finished

There - now moving into the future, anytime anyone asks me

How long should I wait for Brand X before I fill-in-the-blank

I can just share the link to this article.

:)

Mike Phillips
05-18-2020, 03:49 PM
For everyone reading this into the future, (I should write an article on this topic, maybe I will),

And now it is an article.

Window of Time - How long to wait after applying a coating, wax or sealant before.... (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/126482-window-time-how-long-wait-after-applying-coating-wax-sealant-before.html)

Good questions by the way.

:dblthumb2: