PDA

View Full Version : Paint Prep for Ceramic Coating

gfa
05-17-2020, 05:14 PM
Watching the video of using Wolfgang's Uber Ceramic Spray Coating it suggests using their Perfekt Finish Paint Prep. Does this do essentially the same thing as their Paintwork Polish enhancer?

WillSports3
05-17-2020, 06:29 PM
Nope, paint prep is usually a substance that gets rid of any oil left over from the polish so that when you use a coating, you're applying to bare paint for proper bonding. Paintwork polish enhancer is a finishing fine polish.

gfa
05-17-2020, 10:06 PM
Thanks. Being a relative newbie to the whole detailing scene, a lot of the product uses seem a little confusing. BTW, lived in London for 30 years and went to school at Ryerson.

acuRAS82
05-17-2020, 10:44 PM
Thanks. Being a relative newbie to the whole detailing scene, a lot of the product uses seem a little confusing. BTW, lived in London for 30 years and went to school at Ryerson.

I typically like PBMG products, but my gallon of Perfekt Paint Prep Spray does not seem to be removing polishing oils fully. I might recommend going with another brand such as Gyeon, CarPro or Gtechniq... or even over the counter wax removers (Prep-All). I just came to this conclusion in the last few weeks, so wanted to pass the advice along.

WillSports3
05-17-2020, 11:48 PM
Haha Ryerson, awesome. I went to Guelph.