PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my menu & pricing

Pages : [1] 2

Driven Auto Detail
07-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Hey Everybody!

I'm wanting to start detailing on the side because I love doing it and it would obviously provide me with a little more income. I've come up with a menu & some prices. I'd like your input on what you think about it. Please provide any suggestions that might help me better serve myself and/or the customer. Thanks in advance!!!

Weekly Wash
üHand-wash w/soft water & pH-balanced shampoo
üAll bugs & road tar removed
üTires, wheels, & wheel wells cleaned & dressed
üAll exterior trim dressed & U.V. protected
üAll exterior & interior glass cleaned
üAll interior plastics wiped down
üAll interior carpets, floor mats, & upholstery vacuumed
üAll leather or vinyl wiped down

Group I: $35 Group II: $45 Group III: $55 Group IV: $70

Wash, Wax, & Vac
üWeekly Wash plus:
ü2-Step paint care & protection
1.Machine-applied paint cleaner
2.Machine-applied Carnauba wax
üCarnauba wax applied to all wheels by hand
üDoor jambs cleaned
üInterior headliner wiped down w/light cleaning solution
üAll leather or vinyl cleaned & conditioned
üInterior plastics cleaned

Group I: $80 Group II: $95 Group III: $110 Group IV: $130

Ultimate Restore & Protect
üWash, Wax, & Vac plus:
ü4-step paint care to restore & protect
1.ClayBar – Removes airborne contaminants that have settled onto paint
2.Polish – Removes oxidized paint along with light swirls and scratches
3.Sealant – Provides superior long lasting protection to paint
4.Carnauba Wax – Provides another layer of protection and also adds a very warm, deep, wet look to paint
üAll wheels sealed
üAll exterior light lenses protected
üAll carpets & upholstery cleaned & protected

Group I: $150 Group II: $180 Group III: $210 Group IV: $250

Vehicle Size Groups
Group I: Small cars & small pick-ups
Group II: Full-size cars, mid-sized pick-ups, & small SUV’s
Group III: Full-size pick-ups, mini-vans, & full-size SUV’s
Group IV: XL SUV’s

BILL
07-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Looks good to me from the eyes of a potential customer.....
services and prices:)

Dont see any engine bay detailing.......something to maybe think about, i myself would be looking for that as a customer......;)

GOOD LUCK......:cheers:

justin_murphy
07-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Look nice man. Good work!
Simple and to the point with explanations of vehicle sizes

BILL
07-16-2006, 06:41 AM
JUSTIN how ya feeling????

justin_murphy
07-16-2006, 07:05 AM
JUSTIN how ya feeling????

SOOOOOO much better. I've drank 4 gallons of water and 4 containers of Pedia Lyte since getting home Friday afternoon. Still week though. I do have a huge appetite. I'll be back at it tomorrow. A local real estate office is having an open house on Tuesday. Eight agents wants their vehicles cleaned up before then!

Driven Auto Detail
07-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Hey, thanks guys...I really appreciate the input. Bill, I'll probably add engine detailing as an extra side item. I just get a little nervous about doing engine details. I mean, there are so many little areas that can be caked with gunk and hard to get to. It seems like it would take hours to detail a dirty engine. How do you guys do it exactly? Do you just clean and dress the top areas, or do you do a full engine bay cleaning?

Justin, what happened to you? I didn't know you were down for a while. Whatever it is, hope you get to feeling better soon.

BILL
07-16-2006, 08:06 AM
I use this on my own engine bay, very easy and thorough

I use Autoglym Engine Cleaner regularly to degrease and gently clean engines, wheel wells, bumpers, grills, spoilers, mirror

Driven Auto Detail
07-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Cool, thanks Bill.

ScottB
07-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Nice menu .... I think your weekly wash rates are a little high, well at least by Floridas pricing. Normallly around 20-25 max. Lots of competition here.

You might wanna make your offering stand out and offer a poly coating or spray wax w/ basic washes. Something to add some UV protective qualities, and yet be fast and light on your wallet. Wipe and go ... but added gloss to keep the customers coming back (Clearkote Quickshine, Finish Kare 425, Pinnacles Crystal Mist, Poorboys Spray/Gloss)

scooterguitar
07-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Not that I will ever do it as a business, maybe only a few for $ ehre and there, but...Wondering when you guys do open-bed trucks...so you detail the inside of the bed, or just clean it?

Neothin
07-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Basic Wash Package-
Frequency recommended- Weekly

Hand wash
Clean wheels and tires
Dry
Gloss Boosting Spray Wipedown on paint
Dress tires with tire shine
Wipe out wheel wells
Clean glass

Price- $40

Wash and Wax Package-
Frequency recommended- Monthly

Hand wash
Clean wheels and tires
Dry
Wipe out wheel wells
Clean glass
Remove embedded contaminants from paint with a clay bar
Hand wax with a carnauba paste
Gloss boosting spray wipe down on paint

Price- $60

Show Car Finish Package-

Hand wash
Clean wheels and tires
Dry
Wipe out wheel wells
Clean glass
Use orbital buffing machine to apply a gloss boosting glaze
Hand wax with a show quality carnauba paste

Price- $75

Extended Durability Wax Package-
Frequency recommended- Every 2-3 months

Hand wash
Clean wheels and tires
Dry
Wipe out wheel wells
Clean glass
Use orbital buffing machine to apply a chemical paint cleaner product
Use orbital buffing machine to apply a high endurance liquid wax

Price- $75

Basic Interior Package-
Frequency recommended- Bi-Weekly

Complete vacuuming of interior
Clean interior glass
Wipe dashboard and other plastics with light cleaning spray

Price- $20

Interior Protection Package-

Complete vacuuming of interior
Clean interior glass
Wipe dashboard and interior panels with a light cleaning spray
Apply a low-gloss interior UV protectant to all interior panels

Price- $30

Basic Engine Detailing Package-

Spray engine bay with a deep cleaning liquid and allow cleaner to linger
Agitate cleaner
Rinse cleaner with hose
Thoroughly dry engine bay

Price- $35
Note: When cleaning engine bay, all electrical components will be covered with plastic bags in order to prevent water from damaging them.

Engine Detailing Package PLUS-

Spray engine bay with a deep cleaning liquid and allow cleaner to linger
Agitate cleaner
Rinse cleaner with hose
Thoroughly dry engine bay
Dress rubber and plastic in engine bay with a rubber/plastic shine

Price- $45
Note: When cleaning engine bay, all electrical components will be covered with plastic bags in order to prevent water from damaging them.

Premium Package- Includes the “Engine Detailing PLUS” package, the “Interior Protection” package, and your choice of either the “Show Car Finish” package or the “Extended Durability Wax” package.

Price- $135 (Save 10% versus when packages are purchased separately!)

Note: For large vehicles such as full sized trucks, SUV’s,
and vans, all packages will be increased $10

that is my price sheet. My prices are a little on the high side for the small stuff, and low for the big jobs. It works out setting it up like that though.

I don't advertise leather work, carpet cleaning, and actually abrasive polishing as these take too long. I don't have insurance, hell, i don't even have a legal business, so I don't want to pull out a rotary on a customer's car. Trying to polish out a customers car would take entirely too long with a porter cable and I would have to charge rediculous prices accordingly. If someone asks though, I do it for them. I don't do leather because I just haven't found a product that works well at a fair price. I like leatherique, but it's too expensive. And for those carpet cleaning jobs, sheesh. Take a carpet attachment to the PC and go to town with some folex just wont work fast enough to be financially feasible. ex- my mom's front floor mats i've cleaned before. it took 1/2 hour per floor mat. I don't have the time for that.

Driven Auto Detail
07-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Nice menu .... I think your weekly wash rates are a little high, well at least by Floridas pricing. Normallly around 20-25 max. Lots of competition here.

You might wanna make your offering stand out and offer a poly coating or spray wax w/ basic washes. Something to add some UV protective qualities, and yet be fast and light on your wallet. Wipe and go ... but added gloss to keep the customers coming back (Clearkote Quickshine, Finish Kare 425, Pinnacles Crystal Mist, Poorboys Spray/Gloss)
Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing about the weekly wash prices. I'll lower those a bit. Or, I'll just add the extra stuff that you mentioned. Something quick but something that will add some shine.

Edit: That Clearkote Quickshine sounds awesome. I'm definitely going to have to pick some of that up!

Thanks!

Driven Auto Detail
07-16-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't advertise leather work, carpet cleaning, and actually abrasive polishing as these take too long. I don't have insurance, hell, i don't even have a legal business, so I don't want to pull out a rotary on a customer's car. Trying to polish out a customers car would take entirely too long with a porter cable and I would have to charge rediculous prices accordingly. If someone asks though, I do it for them. I don't do leather because I just haven't found a product that works well at a fair price. I like leatherique, but it's too expensive. And for those carpet cleaning jobs, sheesh. Take a carpet attachment to the PC and go to town with some folex just wont work fast enough to be financially feasible. ex- my mom's front floor mats i've cleaned before. it took 1/2 hour per floor mat. I don't have the time for that.

Neothin,

Thanks for posting that. That helps me a lot. I too don't have a legal business. I'm just doing this out of my garage for now. Some day though, I'd like to have my own place where I can do this full-time.

I understand what you're saying about all the swirl removal, leather cleaning, & other stuff. While it will take me a little longer, it's something I want to offer. I have a PC 7424 that I am comfortable using. All in all, the more I do it the quicker I'll get and that will eventually get my $$$/hour rate better for myself. In the beginning my $$$/hour rate will be kind of low. I just use that thought process as an incentive to get good at what I'm doing w/o losing any quality.

Again, thanks for that information!!!

supercharged
07-16-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't do leather because I just haven't found a product that works well at a fair price. I like leatherique, but it's too expensive.

Wolfgang leather conditioner works really well for me, and is not that expensive when bought in a gallon. Lexol is O.K. too, at least for business detailing. I use only Pinnacle and Wolfgang leather conditioners on my car.

Driven Auto Detail
07-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Regarding the leather, justin30513 told me that the Megs Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is some really good stuff. I haven't used it, but I plan on trying it out at some point.

Right now I use a 6:1 ratio of water & Woolite to clean the leather. Then I use Pinnacle Leather Conditioner after that. I really like the Pinnacle stuff but seems to be a little more money.