PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Coating for a non professional on a new Black Toyota Camry TRD

JIMENGAZ1
05-10-2020, 06:19 PM
I recently purchased a new 2020 Toyota Camry TRD in black . I did a majority of the prep work, wash, clay, and then had a professional do the paint correction (it was actually 6 months old, and the prior owner let it get light scratching) It is now is very good shape. I have thought allot about doing the ceramic coating , but there are so many great brands and products to choose from.

I would like something that is user friendly, can can give at least 1-2 years of performance. I take car of my cars, so don't see that being a problem as I will do maint. washes, and keep the top coat updated as needed.

Would appreciate some recommendations on a coating to bring the gloss and shine out of a black finish.

thank you

JIM

TTQ B4U
05-10-2020, 06:24 PM
Polish with CarPro Essence then Apply Cquartz UK v2. Easy as can be.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
05-10-2020, 06:46 PM
The shine will come from the steps prior to coating. If you don’t think it’s shiny enough now, you’ll need a fine polish to amp up the gloss first. If you’re not comfortable with a full coating, you can polish with Gyeon Primer and apply CanCoat, or polish with CarPro Essence and coat with CQuartz Lite. Both of those coatings are easy to apply and should give you a year or so of protection.

UK 3.0, as suggested above, is pretty easy to apply. Just need to be sure you have good lighting to avoid leaving high spots behind.

Rsurfer
05-10-2020, 07:15 PM
Polish with CarPro Essence then Apply Cquartz UK v2. Easy as can be.

What about 3.0 instead of v2?

TTQ B4U
05-10-2020, 08:03 PM
What about 3.0 instead of v2?Just 3.0. My bad. Its gliss v2 that I was thinking about.

JIMENGAZ1
05-10-2020, 08:28 PM
thanks very much for your input !

Banegio
05-10-2020, 08:52 PM
For your reference:

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ceramic+comparison (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ceramic+comparison)