PDA

View Full Version : Mixing sudsy car wash with SiO2 washes?

JustLooking
05-07-2020, 01:18 PM
Hi,

The SiO2 "wash and wax" products (like Mothers CMX) fully disclose that they are not sudsy. Some reviews of the product suggest that the lack of suds make washing dirty cars difficult. If that's the case (and I'm not saying it is), one could wash with a traditional sudsy car wash (like Mothers California Gold Car Wash) and then wash again with the SiO2 wash.

I'm not trying to be lazy, but was wondering if one could combine the SiO2 and regular car wash in the bucket? So you could have suds and SiO2 in one wash?

Thanks,
Jim

nrengle
05-07-2020, 01:27 PM
I believe Blackfire makes a product to create a ton of foam. Maybe look at adding that?

Dr Oldz
05-07-2020, 02:00 PM
I don’t like mixing products. Suds do nothing but perhaps give a visual. What matters is the lubricity of the solution. I use Wolfgang Uber SiO2 coating wash a lot. Used correctly it works amazing even with its low suds formula.

So don’t worry about the suds!

FUNX650
05-07-2020, 02:06 PM
•I’m going to take the easy way out
and say that:
-Yes, you can combine the two disparate
car wash shampoos that you have listed.

•However, I’m going to take you to task and
ask that you take the following challenge:
-Calculate the amount of
each product that needs to be introduced into
an amount of water necessary to create a diluted
solution that will not only achieve your goal of
a ‘sudsy SiO2’ car washing product; but will also
have a cleaning efficacy [I]par excellence.

•Please keep us apprised of your progress.
-TIA

Bob

acuRAS82
05-07-2020, 08:34 PM
I believe Blackfire makes a product to create a ton of foam. Maybe look at adding that?

+1 for this. It should meet your desires even though I’m in the camp that these SiO2 soaps are plenty lubricated as is. But I suppose having the suds is visually nice to easily see where you’ve been and to keep the lubricity stuck to the paint longer (I think that’s a thing?).

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, foaming booster shampoo (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-foam-booster.html)