PDA

View Full Version : Restore exterior black trim

kiteman
05-05-2020, 04:02 PM
I have a section around my exhaust pipes that is rough textured plastic and it looks old and faded. I out some Meguiars ultimate black on it a while ago but it didn't last long. It almost looks dirty it's so faded. Are there any other restoration methods I should try? Currently replacing a bumper so it's off of the car and easy to work on. TIA

Rsurfer
05-05-2020, 04:21 PM
I have a section around my exhaust pipes that is rough textured plastic and it looks old and faded. I out some Meguiars ultimate black on it a while ago but it didn't last long. It almost looks dirty it's so faded. Are there any other restoration methods I should try? Currently replacing a bumper so it's off of the car and easy to work on. TIA

Solution Finish and top with Wolfgang (WETS)

BJackson8
05-05-2020, 05:02 PM
I recently tried the Pinnacle Black Label ceramic trim restorer and it is a first class product. The results are outstanding, but can't say yet what the longevity will be.

57Rambler
05-05-2020, 06:59 PM
Whatever final product (Solution Finish) you decide to apply, make sure to properly prep the surface to remove any old wax, dressing(s), etc.

Here's Solution Finish's own guidelines :

It’s extremely important for the plastic to be completely dry. It should also be wiped down with 70-90% alcohol to dissolve any silicone-based products that may still be on it and to flush out the microscopic pores of the plastic.