PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions on random orbital polishers

ToddA
04-27-2020, 09:00 AM
I'm know there are many threads and reviews on the various options, and I'm going through them all. I'm looking for suggestions on the best polisher for my use. I'm a standard weekend DIY enthusiast. I'm not a professional detailer, I do my truck and the Mrs SUV and I'm known to do friends and family cars when asked. I'm not doing major paint correction, I just use AIO products. Based on that I figure I do not need the most powerful tool on the market but I want a dependable one. Griot G9 caught my attention because of the cost.
I remember reading about a rechargeable battery polisher nicknamed the finisher? I forget the brand but I think it was out of my price range.
I'm basically looking for the best value at the lowest cost. Is that the Griot G9? Is there something better in the price range?

Todd

Mike Phillips
04-27-2020, 09:12 AM
I'm basically looking for the best value at the lowest cost.

Is that the Griot G9? Is there something better in the price range?

Todd

The Cordless tool called the Finisher is by FLEX.

For your needs, get the Griot's G9

Review: Griot's G9 - 9mm Orbit Stroke Random Orbital Polisher by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews-by-mike-phillips/124412-review-griots-g9-9mm-orbit-stroke-random-orbital-polisher-mike-phillips.html)

Learn to hold the body of the tool in such a way that you keep the pad flat to the surface when buffing large panels to maintain pad rotation.

Learn how to hold the body of the tool in such a way that you keep the center of the pad face or the outer edge of the pad face against smaller, thinner, or curved panels to maintain pad rotation.

:)

WaxMaster1
04-27-2020, 09:49 AM
I'm a standard weekend DIY enthusiast. I'm not a professional detailer, I do my truck and the Mrs SUV and I'm known to do friends and family cars when asked. I'm not doing major paint correction, I just use AIO products. Griot G9 caught my attention because of the cost.
I'm basically looking for the best value at the lowest cost. Is that the Griot G9? Is there something better in the price range?

Todd

Hi Todd,
You didn't need us after all. I was going to suggest the G9. I have one, among other tools and it's very nice. Bonus, I unfortunately needed Griot's customer service and they delivered.
-Chris

jeffb
04-27-2020, 10:36 AM
For what it’s worth; similar situation
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/126237-older-honda-accord-using-gg9.html#post1673439

Good Luck