PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Product Reviews

_M_
03-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Had a decent day in philly on sunday so i got to my truck which badly needed it as i neglected it over the winter.

2006 dodge with black metallic paint, no pics because i didnt really do a full detail, just got it the best i could in the time i had.

DP extreme foam - not bad, obviously very foamy but not the best at cleaning if you ask me. grant it my truck was very dirty but i think pinnacle body work shampoo does a much better job at cleaning and is just as foamy.

another thing i noticed when i did my mustang the other night with pinnacle body work is that the soap seemed to last a bit longer in the foam gun with the same setting.

Boars Hair brush - awesome, if you arent using this on big or small vehicles you are missing out...i just ordered the big one last night. had just the 10" version.

Surf City Glass Cleaner - it really is just that much better than IG. cleans faster and wipes dry and clear faster. even with a wet MF.

DP 4-in-1 - i also have ONR but used 4n1 in a spray bottle at about 8 to 1 mix to go over the truck while i was drying. took care of some of the streaking from part of the truck being washed in the sun. i also used it to clean the door jambs. this stuff is great. i think it smells good too.

XMT fine swirl remover - i didnt bust out the flex, maybe this weekend. but the hood was in bad shape from salt,rain,you name it. i hit with the xmt and the WG hand foam polishing pad. awesome. took care of everything but a really bad small mark that i think will require wet sanding. its like something etched into the paint. the good news is it's very small and only i see it.

collinite fleetwax 885 - just on the hood after the XMT. woah the flake never popped like this with zaino. i love zaino but the paint just didnt shimmer like this. you can see the blue and gold flakes just sparkling. cant wait to do the whole truck with it.

PB's spray and gloss - actually used this on the stang. really slick and a nice sheen to it. i can see using this before a quick cruise versus using Z6. just a different warmth to it.

next up the wheels, which i will provide pics of bc they are really bad on the inside. im going to do a comparo between DP cleanse all, and PB's APC. preliminary tests are leaning towards DP but we will see. im actuallly going to take the wheels off to tackle this one.

also about 100 more products to try. will have pics of stang after 4* topped with souveran...looking forward to that.

Smokindiesel
03-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the reviews buddy. I am looking forward to seeing your wheel reviews, as I just ordered the DP Cleanse All .. And my wheels are also bad from the winter, and need to be pulled

Thanks In Advance!

cls
03-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Great review!how was the collinite in terms of application?did you apply by hand or machine?

_M_
03-24-2008, 10:42 PM
i did it by hand. very smooth. it was also where the sun had been hitting the hood...wipe on and wipe off before it drys...smooth

Surfer
03-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Its nice seeing Collinite getting more and more props, we've used their stuff a long time as their popular in the marine world. I have 845 and 915 as well, both top notch waxes.

Bunky
03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Had a decent day in philly on sunday so i got to my truck which badly needed it as i neglected it over the winter.

collinite fleetwax 885 - just on the hood after the XMT. woah the flake never popped like this with zaino. i love zaino but the paint just didnt shimmer like this. you can see the blue and gold flakes just sparkling. cant wait to do the whole truck with it.

What attribute in wax makes the flakes pop? For example, what would be a good LSP for medium or dark metallic flake paints?

_M_
03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
i cant speak for their other waxes but i would use the 885 if you have flake based on my experience.

i really never saw the gold flakes before, the blue i could see clearly, but the golds were always muted. that is using Z5 and Z2

Mike T
03-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the reviews.
I've got to give that glass cleaner a try.

ScottB
03-25-2008, 07:00 PM
keep us apprised of the rest ... I suggest Poorboys Soap , P21S for wheels, and Optimum Quick Detailer for some instant hits. I think your gonna like the UPP/Souveran combo too.