PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning new tires - white haze?

briarpatch
04-25-2020, 04:06 PM
So,,,,about three weeks ago, I bought a new set of tires (bridgestone Dueler). Since I've been working from home. I've driven on them very infrequently. I decided today to give them a thorough cleaning. I used Optimum Power Clean at full strength. Two of them cleaned up very well, and they were left with a nice flat back look. The other two, no matter how many times I scrubbed them, were left with a white haze....looked like residue. I tried following up the OPC with Brake Buster and McKees Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator.....nothing worked. Maybe its a coincidence, but the two tires that cleaned up well get hit with the sun, while the other two don't.

Any ideas?

Klasse Act
04-25-2020, 04:09 PM
Its gotta be that sh!t they put on em when their shipped, maybe 2 of them had more than the other 2.

Quick question, why are you using it full strength, stuff is strong[emoji848][emoji40]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
04-25-2020, 04:11 PM
If you have Tarminator or odorless mineral spirits give them a try. I’ve had good luck with Tarminator making the tire look brand new and clean.

briarpatch
04-25-2020, 04:21 PM
Its gotta be that sh!t they put on em when their shipped, maybe 2 of them had more than the other 2.

Quick question, why are you using it full strength, stuff is strong[emoji848][emoji40]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Was giving some thought to coating them....and I remembered a video with Ivan LaCroix (formerly of Optimum)....where he recommended cleaning with OPC at full strength prior to coating

briarpatch
04-25-2020, 04:22 PM
If you have Tarminator or odorless mineral spirits give them a try. I’ve had good luck with Tarminator making the tire look brand new and clean.

Will get some tomorrow...thank you

fly07sti
04-25-2020, 11:00 PM
I wipe with Kerosene to make sure I’ve stripped whatever might be lingering. Then a final round of strong tire cleaner to make sure everything is flushed away. This has worked very well for me for the past few years.