PDA

View Full Version : Novice asking for advice to detail this car.

NavigatorsLegacy
04-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Spending more time at home has given me opportunities to see more things I never noticed... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200423/c32a9cab5417437a460cb5ffb6287af8.jpg
Clean doesn’t always mean clean. In fact I am bothered by a bunch of black tar like splattered crap stuck to the paint...
I’m a novice photographer too... but can anyone help me remedy this next picture of driver side fender and door panel below.
How can I fix this?!?

It’s not a Ferrari but I want to keep my car nice.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200423/a635fcc6e198e14fe41e729c6a1401b9.jpg
Observe black splatter crap. This photo taken 7 inches away or so...

Any advice and suggestions welcomed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
04-23-2020, 05:20 PM
CarPro Tar-X or Stoners Tarminator should help you remove that.

PaulMys
04-23-2020, 05:35 PM
Welcome to AGO! :)

Bruno gave you some good advice there.

What do you usually do as far as care-care goes?

NavigatorsLegacy
04-23-2020, 05:44 PM
I recently purchased this car (used) a few months ago but I usually wash it often and a few times a year I usually polish and wax the other cars I own.

I am interested more in learning about using a clay bar, and haven’t splurged out yet but want to learn how I could use a random orbital for compounding and also using a polish/sealant and wax.

Any advice or suggestions for DIY opportunities are welcome for this married father of 3 on a budget!

PaulMys
04-23-2020, 05:51 PM
I recently purchased this car (used) a few months ago but I usually wash it often and a few times a year I usually polish and wax the other cars I own.

I am interested more in learning about using a clay bar, and haven’t splurged out yet but want to learn how I could use a random orbital for compounding and also using a polish/sealant and wax.

Any advice or suggestions for DIY opportunities are welcome for this married father of 3 on a budget!

Best advice I can give you is to read a lot on here, and watch any video that Mike Phillips has on here. (There are hundreds of them.)

Mike explains things in simple fashion, and he is all business in the videos. You will learn a ton.