PDA

View Full Version : PFM Towel - anything "better" available in todays market for drying?

Pages : [1] 2

georgeallen1
04-22-2020, 05:04 PM
I purchased 2 of the 16x16 PFM towels back in 2018 and have been using them to dry with a spray of drying aid after a rinseless wash. It's time to replace them now due to usage and all the washes.
Only complaint I have about them would be I would prefer an edgeless towel. Otherwise, they did a great job.

Is there anything on the market that would be "better" or edgeless that is 16x16 or very close? Otherwise, should I just buy myself a new package of them?

PaulMys
04-22-2020, 05:26 PM
In my opinion, there are no better drying towels.

Why are yours needing replacement after only 2 years? Mine are going strong 5 years in.

Cstamp3084
04-22-2020, 05:39 PM
Autofiber dreadnaught, mckees glacier, and dpc sucker are all edgeless versions similar to pfm

spazzz
04-22-2020, 08:58 PM
The edges are my only dislike with the pfm.

I just ordered 2, McKees Glacier 16 x 16s to give a whirl.

georgeallen1
04-22-2020, 10:31 PM
In my opinion, there are no better drying towels.

Why are yours needing replacement after only 2 years? Mine are going strong 5 years in.

Some of the loops are starting to stick out / pulled out

--------------------

Glacier 16 x 16 looks pretty good, may have to give that a try

Neatfreak2000
04-24-2020, 09:01 AM
So I grabbed a couple of these and haven’t used yet. They seem great but I feel like they would also make nice cloths for quick detailers etc?

Kinda small for drying compared to my massive waffle weave cloths...

oneheadlite
04-24-2020, 10:17 AM

Don't let the size fool you. They hold a ton of water for their size. I much prefer them over the waffle weaves I have.

I also like the smaller size for maneuverability.

Bruno Soares
04-24-2020, 10:21 AM
So I grabbed a couple of these and haven’t used yet. They seem great but I feel like they would also make nice cloths for quick detailers etc?

Don't let the size fool you, the 16x16" towel is enough to dry a smaller vehicle. If you have a large one two towels will do it. They absorb a lot of water.
They also work fine with quick detailers and drying aid, I use it all the time.

SNP209
04-24-2020, 10:57 AM

This happened to one of my PFMs, I just snipped off the excess with some scissors and it was good to go.

briarpatch
04-24-2020, 02:56 PM
I've not found anything I like better than PFMs. I have one of the original large size, and several of the 16x16 size. Only drawback is, because they are designed to hold a lot of water, they take a long time to completely dry

PaulMys
04-24-2020, 05:42 PM
This happened to one of my PFMs, I just snipped off the excess with some scissors and it was good to go.

Same here.

I have one emblem on my Ram (the 4X4 one on the tailgate) that loves to snag MF's.

57Rambler
04-24-2020, 06:14 PM

I had that happen to one of my PFM's and it wasn't due to snagging it on anything.

GG replaced it under their warranty and actually sent me a larger-sized towel !:dblthumb2:

PaulMys
04-24-2020, 06:17 PM
I had that happen to one of my PFM's and it wasn't due to snagging it on anything.

GG replaced it under their warranty and actually sent me a larger-sized towel !:dblthumb2:

That is great.

Hard not to do business with a company that makes some of the best products in the world, but also stands behind them in such a manner.

DMiglio
04-24-2020, 06:19 PM
Not sure if there’s anything “better” than the PFM, but there’s many that are similar now. I will say this, I just bought the PFM from the outlet store on AG for my dad and he recently used it, he really enjoyed it and said it worked so well! Mind you he never understood why I bought nice drying towels, good detailing chemicals and pricier tool options.

I think him using the PFM just once helped him to understand why! Some things don’t make up for being more expensive, sometimes a towel is a towel, but the PFM compared to a regular drying towel or even similar priced waffle weaves makes up for it and more.

Coatingsarecrack
04-25-2020, 07:40 AM
I doubt better but if you want edgeless... the glaciers and LMF suckers seem to be the same. Glaciers are cheaper and you can get 16x16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk