PDA

View Full Version : Four Star UPP - Updated

Pages : [1] 2

budman3
03-24-2008, 04:17 PM
For those of you who have used 4 Star UPP (Ultimate Paint Protection) I'm sure you were "wowed" with its appearance and slickness. However, many have reported that the durability failed prematurely BUT adding poly-charger to it made this great product even better. Well, it seems like Four Star has updated the formula and is now adding the poly-charger additive in the UPP from the factory. So no need to add poly-charger to UPP and worring about using it up before it dries out. I haven't tried UPP with poly-charger nor have I tried the new formula with poly-charger already in the bottle, but I can only imigine how much better this product will be.

Meghan or whomever at AG, do you have the updated versions of UPP in stock??? :cheers:

ScottB
03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
I love the product w/ polycharger, glad to see they made it permanent. I can only hope we get/have the updated version as my bottle is about done !

Mike T
03-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I just used UPP yesterday as my LSP. Thanks Killr for recommending it.
It left a beautiful finish. I plan on topping it next weekend with Souveran paste, so I won't really know about the durability.
What a really nice product.

MadOzodi
03-24-2008, 05:11 PM
W00t! And so ends my quest for my next sealant. Hopefully AG will have the "new" 4*UPP + Polycharger within the next few weeks.

Where's that banana dancing smilie?

Mike T
03-24-2008, 06:00 PM
UPP definitely mimics the look of a wax, which is great for darker colors.

pt91
03-24-2008, 06:19 PM
If you add PC to UPP doesn't it have a shelf life of a day or two? It isn't water based like the spray.
How does 4 star add PC to the new UPP w/out it solidifying in the bottle?
Seems like a mystery.

rwisejr
03-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Isn't the what the Ultima line is ?

pt91
03-24-2008, 06:28 PM
produced by the same 4 star team. probably has some common ingredients.

HighEndDetail
03-24-2008, 06:34 PM
That's good to here.

budman3
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
If you add PC to UPP doesn't it have a shelf life of a day or two? It isn't water based like the spray.
How does 4 star add PC to the new UPP w/out it solidifying in the bottle?
Seems like a mystery.

The poly-charger in the UPP now is specially formulated so the shelf life of the product isn't hurt at all, unlike if you did it yourself. Gary Jones of 4 Star also said that you can go ahead and add more poly-charger to make it even more durable, but then you will have the 2 day life span. But I doubt many of us will need to do so, hopefully the new version will last long enough for our tastes. I'm glad that 4 Star listened / figured out how well UPP worked with poly-charger and made this formulation. UPP was one of the 'original' popular sealants (the other, Klasse SG) when I entered the market 6 years ago, and its still going strong. Can't wait to try out the new stuff.

Al-53
03-24-2008, 07:26 PM
I did not see it on the 4* site..was this announced any where...I really like the look of UPP..but it was a poor performer..if this new formulation helps durability..I may revisit it..as it is a sweet looking sealant...

AL

budman3
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Al- check out the thread "Four Star Pro line vs. Ultimate" on DC. Troy and Gary Jones mentioned the formulations. That was the first I've heard of it but I'm assuming it was done very recently. Hopefully Meghan can chime in and see if she's heard of any info on it.

pt91
03-24-2008, 08:29 PM
The poly-charger in the UPP now is specially formulated so the shelf life of the product isn't hurt at all, unlike if you did it yourself. Gary Jones of 4 Star also said that you can go ahead and add more poly-charger to make it even more durable, but then you will have the 2 day life span. But I doubt many of us will need to do so, hopefully the new version will last long enough for our tastes. I'm glad that 4 Star listened / figured out how well UPP worked with poly-charger and made this formulation. UPP was one of the 'original' popular sealants (the other, Klasse SG) when I entered the market 6 years ago, and its still going strong. Can't wait to try out the new stuff.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a promising upgrade.

wytstang
03-24-2008, 11:54 PM
I loved UPP on white but like mentioned durability lacked big time. If it can get me 8 weeks it might just knock WG off the shelf. UPPx2 followed by #16x2 equals sex on white.

rbraun
03-25-2008, 11:54 AM
I read a post on Autopia yesterday where someone received some samples of ultima paint guard plus when it first came out and the bottles said Four Star on them.

If anyone knows how much is the new Four Star version?