PDA

View Full Version : Spring Car Care and Products

TTO6SPD
04-21-2020, 12:20 PM
I am new to this forum and I was able to find something and couldn't for others. So I found the spring car care step, I would like to list my step and which products I plan to use please provide feedback if this step or product is fine for the step:

A - Wash - Chemical Guys car wash
B - Claying - Mothers clay kit
C- Skipping Compound
D - Scratch/Swirl removal - AIO (3D) w/ Orange pad on a DA
E - Polish - Wolf gang Finish Glaze w/ White pad on a DA or may use hand application
F- Sealant/Wax - Black Ice Hybrid Moutan Black pad on a DA or may use hand application

Q: Can I use Klasse High Gloss after step F? or is it not needed
Q: For weekly maintenance after washing what other products should I use to maintain a high gloss (love to see myself on a black car)

Thanks in Advance and I look forward to the feedback as I would like to place my order tonight for some products

acuRAS82
04-21-2020, 12:40 PM
I am new to this forum and I was able to find something and couldn't for others. So I found the spring car care step, I would like to list my step and which products I plan to use please provide feedback if this step or product is fine for the step:

A - Wash - Chemical Guys car wash
B - Claying - Mothers clay kit
C- Skipping Compound
D - Scratch/Swirl removal - AIO (3D) w/ Orange pad on a DA
E - Polish - Wolf gang Finish Glaze w/ White pad on a DA or may use hand application
F- Sealant/Wax - Black Ice Hybrid Moutan Black pad on a DA or may use hand application

Q: Can I use Klasse High Gloss after step F? or is it not needed
Q: For weekly maintenance after washing what other products should I use to maintain a high gloss (love to see myself on a black car)

Thanks in Advance and I look forward to the feedback as I would like to place my order tonight for some products

I would skip step E. Step D should finish out nice with an orange pad, just apply almost no pressure on your last few passes. Doing Step E is working backwards to remove the AIO (unless this is 3D One you are speaking of in which case not an AIO), and will be ‘polishing the rock’ with little to gain. Then Montan Wax will apply fine on the AIO I think... is this paste wax or liquid wax?

Your first Q: Need to know if Step D is an AIO (don’t apply Klasse) or 3D One (you can apply Klasse I guess but it’s old technology).
Second Q: Depends what you use as Step F. If using Montan Wax I recommend BF Carnauba Spray Wax, BF Synthetic Spray Wax, or BF SiO2 Spray Sealant. The correct choice would depend on what type of look and behavior you care for.

986DTM
04-21-2020, 12:42 PM
I'd say you could maybe skip step E depending on how well Speed finishes out. Also, depending on the condition of your paint I'd first try speed with a white pad and see how that looks.

In my opinion using Klasse afterwards would be kind of redundant (i.e. wouldn't add much, not really worth the time and effort).

With respect to maintenance, I've been using Ultima Waterless Wash + as a drying aid lately. It's very slick so as to prevent marring and leaves a really nice gloss and some protection too. I also really like Meguiar's D156 but it's more of a pure wax and won't offer any lubrication. Both are super cost effective, especially Ultima.

Desertnate
04-21-2020, 01:04 PM
I agree with the others.

Depending on the condition of the paint you can do D or E, but no need to do both. Polishing after an AIO is only going to remove the sealant in the AIO. I'd probably skip D and do E since you want to top with a quality sealant anyway.

I would not put the Klasse on after the sealant. The KSG typically works best on bare paint or after using Klasse AIO. I used the Klasse twins for nearly a decade and moved on long ago. There are plenty of products which are easier to apply, last just as long, and look just as good if not better.

As for a wash, since you're applying a wax, I'd probably use a very gentle car wash soap since it won't be as durable as many of the sealants. I can't say what type of topper you might use, but since you've gone with a wax as your LSP maybe some sort of a spray wax with carnauba in it might be a good choice to preserve the look.