PDA

View Full Version : orange pads from autogeek...

vinnier6
03-24-2008, 04:16 PM
i purchased a udm set from autogeek, and it came with 5 free orange wolfgang pads...what can i use these pads for...i have never detailed with a udm/pc before, i plan on doing my brand new tl type s, polish and sealant...any pad recommendation would be great, but i would like to know about the orange wolfgang pads...

vinnie

budman3
03-24-2008, 04:32 PM
The orange pads are 5" flat pads. They are a light cutting pad and should only be used when they are necessary - ie use the least aggressive method as possible. Save these pads for when you work on a neglected and marred up vehicle. It sounds like they will be way over kill if you use them on your TL, so just stick with polishing (LC white) and finishing pads (LC black and blue).

MadOzodi
03-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Yar, what budman3 said. I'd hate to see you take the UDM and OJ pad to your TL if it doesn't need it!

vinnier6
03-24-2008, 06:37 PM
cool, thats the answer i was looking for...so right now i have thoes orange pads, lc orange, lc black and the original white that comes with the udm...so it sounds like i will use the light polish with the white pad that came with the udm, and then the black pad to use my lsp....sound good, or should i get a lc white pad....

Steve8
04-09-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't know about the white pad that comes with the udm, but the white pad that comes with the PC 7424 was only designated for use around my house, then tossed in the trash.

Mars_D
04-14-2008, 10:47 PM
:goodpost:

Good info to know about the orange pads. I believe I'll be receiving a few because I just purchased a couple Menzerna products.

Also good to know that the white pad that came with the PC is not very useful. :D Mine has been sitting in my detailing bin since I got it 1 year ago.