PDA

View Full Version : Multi layer ceramic coating: ok to IPA wipe in between applying layers?

Banegio
04-20-2020, 09:11 PM
I am concerned with the dust level in the garage.

Using Gyeon Syncro as example, if I am going to split coating the Mohs layers and the Skin layer into two days, is it ok to do a IPA wipe in-between coating the layers?

The Guz
04-20-2020, 09:35 PM
No it is not recommended. It can affect the coatings curing process.

By the way welcome to AGO.

Banegio
04-20-2020, 09:39 PM
Thanks, Guess I will aim to get everything done in the same day.

Thank you

Rmd
04-20-2020, 11:32 PM
Or do Mohs and skin on one or more panels at a time, rather than Mohs on whole car then skin on whole car. That way if you don’t get it all done in one day, you can get the rest of the it the next day.

The Guz
04-21-2020, 02:05 AM
See if you can find a post from forum member zmcgovern45. He talked about taking a plush towel and skimming it over the surface to pick up dust.

Unfortunately it still takes time to apply Syncro and the panel by panel is going to take longer than going around the entire vehicle. 1 hour in between layers of Mohs with a max of 3 layer. Assume it takes 1 hour to apply 1 layer of Mohs you are looking at 5 hours with the included 1 hour wait time between coats (max 3 layers). Then waiting another 4 hours to apply 1 layer of Skin which is the minimum recommended time. So roughly 9 hours to just to apply syncro. Although 2 layers of Mohs is more than enough.

Do you already own Syncro?

Banegio
04-21-2020, 03:17 AM
Or do Mohs and skin on one or more panels at a time, rather than Mohs on whole car then skin on whole car. That way if you don’t get it all done in one day, you can get the rest of the it the next day.

Thanks for the suggestion. Seriously considering it.

See if you can find a post from forum member zmcgovern45. He talked about taking a plush towel and skimming it over the surface to pick up dust.

Not hitting with the right keywords :(

Unfortunately it still takes time to apply Syncro and the panel by panel is going to take longer than going around the entire vehicle. 1 hour in between layers of Mohs with a max of 3 layer. Assume it takes 1 hour to apply 1 layer of Mohs you are looking at 5 hours with the included 1 hour wait time between coats (max 3 layers). Then waiting another 4 hours to apply 1 layer of Skin which is the minimum recommended time. So roughly 9 hours to just to apply syncro. Although 2 layers of Mohs is more than enough.

Do you already own Syncro?

I am more than happy to take the time on applying the coatings, to get the most out of the prep work, which is most of the effort imo.

Just got the Syncro delivered.

C5Longhorn
04-21-2020, 06:54 AM
Griot's sold disposable car covers. They were very thin plastic covers to keep dust off cars. That may be an option at the end of Day 1 as I believe they are really light weight.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk