PDA

View Full Version : Bird drops and bugs on ceramic coating

VirtualBrz
04-19-2020, 08:17 AM
Hi, searching for a good spray to remove bird dropping and bugs off the paint without harming the coating. Thanks!
preferable if the spray will not change the characteristics of the ceramic.

Klasse Act
04-19-2020, 08:25 AM
Well, your could get yourself some Mckee's N914 or Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash and make up a mix. I'd say 1 ounce of either in a 32 ounce bottle would certainly be strong enough and because they're pure cleaners, leaves nothing behind. Btw, use distilled water since its going to sit for a while. Also, either of these should be used to clean your car as well, N914 made up as a waterless wash, my preferred use of the product and Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash for doing rinseless washes, both are VERY good!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Willbeen
04-19-2020, 09:42 AM
I use Bug Squash diluted for my ceramic coated car and am very happy with it. After pre-spraying the whole front end with water, I spray the BS to half the front and let it sit for a minute (don't let it dry on the surface) and then wash as normal.

Thomkirby
04-19-2020, 10:50 AM
A very easy method would be to place a simple sponge or MF towels that has been soaked with water over the dropping(s). Give a few minutes to saturate the poop and then try to gently wash it off. If it baked on give it a bit more time to soak. Most of the bug products if applied to instructions should not alter that ceramic coating.

The Guz
04-19-2020, 02:00 PM
Mike has a good write up

How to safely remove a dried bird dropping by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/109964-how-safely-remove-dried-bird-dropping-mike-phillips.html)