PDA

View Full Version : Layering ceramic coating

VirtualBrz
04-18-2020, 10:34 AM
Hey, I just ceramic coated my car a month ago, and wanted to know what’s your opinion on my plan of layering:
topping my ceramic coating with reload every 3 month and top with bead maker every month or so for added gloss.

The Guz
04-18-2020, 10:58 AM
You will be fine using bead maker only. And you can use it as a drying aid as often as you like.

acuRAS82
04-18-2020, 12:13 PM
Hey, I just ceramic coated my car a month ago, and wanted to know what’s your opinion on my plan of layering:
topping my ceramic coating with reload every 3 month and top with bead maker every month or so for added gloss.

Did you purchase Reload yet?

VirtualBrz
04-18-2020, 02:53 PM
Yep

VirtualBrz
04-18-2020, 02:55 PM
From what I understood there’s polymer spray sealant and silica spray sealant, the silica one is ceramic coating friendly which will last more on my car than the bead maker if I’m not wrong haha

The Guz
04-18-2020, 03:01 PM
Reload will last a couple washes before it loses its hydrophobic's and self cleaning. Not that great in my opinion. As I mentioned you can use bead maker as a drying aid after every wash and be just fine. If you want to stay within the silica family then get yourself some Elixir if you want protection or EcH2O if you want gloss and a nice drying aid.

noorth
04-18-2020, 04:13 PM
Reload will last a couple washes before it loses its hydrophobic's and self cleaning. Not that great in my opinion. As I mentioned you can use bead maker as a drying aid after every wash and be just fine. If you want to stay within the silica family then get yourself some Elixir if you want protection or EcH2O if you want gloss and a nice drying aid.

Hi Guz, what about something like cancoat/moonlight/carpro light 6 mths in?

The Guz
04-18-2020, 10:01 PM

Elixir weekly/biweekly.

Markymapo
04-18-2020, 10:53 PM
Too funny. I was out in the garage trying not the run of the mill layering. I had a bottle of Essence plus n a full GTech C2 v3 bottle and figured what the heck. The Lexus had 14 month old GTech EXO 4 on it. So I prepped it then hit with Essence followed by 3 layers of C2v3. Looks good let’s see how long it lasts (trying to use up supplies. Apologies for rambling but it’s been a 70 hour week and detailing is my therapy ( my team of 40 scientists running shifts on oncology R&D and Covid so it is nuts; as we still need to help cancer patients as 600,000 die in the US, so we are tackling both Covid n cancer). Thanks to all for detailing input on the forum , really smooths thing out ( no pun intended, ha)

Coatingsarecrack
04-19-2020, 07:51 AM

If you watch some of Gyeon’svideo they say it’s fine to top off a existing coating with with Cancoat. Budget plan1 has said he’s done it before and work well also.

I’ll be topping my car with Cancoat or moonlight on my year old Cquk3. Does it need it? Absolutely not but gotta use this SIo2 up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noorth
04-19-2020, 03:36 PM
If you watch some of Gyeon’svideo they say it’s fine to top off a existing coating with with Cancoat. Budget plan1 has said he’s done it before and work well also.

I’ll be topping my car with Cancoat or moonlight on my year old Cquk3. Does it need it? Absolutely not but gotta use this SIo2 up

Your cracked man! Buying all that stuff. :laughing:

Frankly, i was just concerned cquk3 wouldn't last a year though our winters, which is moderate in my area. That's why i was trying to figure out what everyone was doing. But it seems now - reading over everyone's experiences - it should last 12-18mths with proper prep and maintenance. I have a dark blue car so i will probably want to polish the car again at that time.

Now i want super gloss! :buffing:

Looking at 1 step master, shineemax and maybe PA high gloss. PA stuff is just so expensive.

Cracked, i think i read your using cosmic spritz over cquk3?

Coatingsarecrack
04-19-2020, 06:56 PM
Your cracked man! Buying all that stuff. :laughing:

Frankly, i was just concerned cquk3 wouldn't last a year though our winters, which is moderate in my area. That's why i was trying to figure out what everyone was doing. But it seems now - reading over everyone's experiences - it should last 12-18mths with proper prep and maintenance. I have a dark blue car so i will probably want to polish the car again at that time.

Now i want super gloss! :buffing:

Looking at 1 step master, shineemax and maybe PA high gloss. PA stuff is just so expensive.

Cracked, i think i read your using cosmic spritz over cquk3?

Yeah originally cquk3 (2 layers) Gyeon Cancoat (1layer). And maintained mostly with Cosmic.

For the first few months, every time it was clean, i’d get this huge $h!+ eatin grin it was sooo glossy.

I love Cosmic! I think Kami Overcoat may be a bit better in self cleaning but Cosmic is not too far behind and looks amazing. I haven’t used high gloss yet but my take is it’s better visually and weaker performance wise.

You will have absolutely no problem getting a year+.......untopped even....... from CQUK3. I don’t think it needs added protection so when i’m out of cosmic i’ll probably just top monthly with Highgloss.

noorth
04-19-2020, 07:29 PM
Yeah originally cquk3 (2 layers) Gyeon Cancoat (1layer). And maintained mostly with Cosmic.

For the first few months, every time it was clean, i’d get this huge $h!+ eatin grin it was sooo glossy.

I love Cosmic! I think Kami Overcoat may be a bit better in self cleaning but Cosmic is not too far behind and looks amazing. I haven’t used high gloss yet but my take is it’s better visually and weaker performance wise.

You will have absolutely no problem getting a year+.......untopped even....... from CQUK3. I don’t think it needs added protection so when i’m out of cosmic i’ll probably just top monthly with Highgloss.

lol $h!+ man that's the gloss i'm looking for! Im the MAN