PDA

View Full Version : Washing inside door jams

thirteen
04-17-2020, 01:10 PM
Inside the door jams is an tweed ring place. What I have tried so far for QD and waterless wash don’t work well on that location. What is a good product that removes grease in the door jam as well?

For years I have used Incredible Pink from Chem Quest in Gorham, Maine. But they are out of business.
I could use it diluted in a spray bottle or mix some in a water bucket. Biodegradable, non-toxic, and non-flammable. It did stink when sprayed, though. A greasy rag could be rung out in the buckets and all grease would instantly disappear from the rag.

What else is good? I don’t even find car wash that great in this area.

OMGClayAiken
04-17-2020, 01:15 PM
I like Optimum Power Clean for dirty door jams myself.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Jayfro
04-17-2020, 02:33 PM
I like Optimum Power Clean for dirty door jams myself.

What he said! OPC can clean anything!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

vobro
04-17-2020, 02:42 PM
I like OpC and CarPro MultiX

nrengle
04-17-2020, 04:13 PM
I just use regular ole Optimum No Rinse works pretty well for must stuff. Just used it for a rinseless wash on my engine bay and it removed most dirt and grime. Some stuff needed a stiff brush but that broke ugh.

thirteen
04-17-2020, 04:14 PM
Thank you all. I will get some of the OPC.

Thomkirby
04-17-2020, 04:22 PM
If it has grease or oil based then try any detailing engine cleaning product to strip that away. Once you have that done then an all purpose cleaner or just rinse less can be used going forward. AG has lots of products but since you are wanting it now, Super Clean can be found at Walmart. You can even find those foam toilet bowl cleaning tools to help reach in the tight spots and save your hands the bumps. Then just foam brushes away if saturated with the grease.

Caution: Use of foaming degreaser is helpful but read the directions, MUST BE PAINT SAFE.

My quick thoughts only.

OMGClayAiken
04-17-2020, 04:28 PM
If it has grease or oil based then try any detailing engine cleaning product to strip that away. Once you have that done then an all purpose cleaner or just rinse less can be used going forward. AG has lots of products but since you are wanting it now, Super Clean can be found at Walmart. You can even find those foam toilet bowl cleaning tools to help reach in the tight spots and save your hands the bumps. Then just foam brushes away if saturated with the grease.

Caution: Use of foaming degreaser is helpful but read the directions, MUST BE PAINT SAFE.

My quick thoughts only.This is why I like OPC so much - it has great cleaning / degreasing power without any risks to the paint. It's a product that can do so many things based on how you dilute it. I usually use it at 3:1 on really dirty jams but also keep it at 6:1 to use on leather and then use that mixture if the jams are more lightly dirty. Onr if they aren't very dirty at all.