PDA

View Full Version : Topper?

Pages : [1] 2

vilastrex
04-17-2020, 09:07 AM
Hey guys,
My current wash method on my 2019 black Suburban is Geyon foam to start, rinse then hit the car with CP Reset when the dirt is heavy other wise the foam takes care of it. Dry. Then I use CP Ech2o as a Qd. The main reason for this is I have stupid hard water. I recently installed some water filters and water spotting is almost non existent. What I’m looking for is something to replace or to go on after the Ech2o. I’m looking for something to give me a great gloss/shine and protection. Am I looking for a topper?

I should also note the car is coated with Ceramic Pro...

I am still new to the detailing game so don’t beat me up too bad lol. Let me know what your thoughts are! Thanks guys

Thanks!

Mike Phillips
04-17-2020, 09:17 AM
I think you're looking for either a "booster" or a spray-on coating or sealant.

:)

ifadey
04-17-2020, 09:30 AM
Ech2o should give you pretty good gloss alone. But yes it don't give protection

vilastrex
04-17-2020, 09:34 AM
Ech2o should give you pretty good gloss alone. But yes it don't give protection

I agree the gloss is great. But not much for protection and the water shedding isn’t 100%.

vilastrex
04-17-2020, 09:38 AM
I think you're looking for either a "booster" or a spray-on coating or sealant.

:)

The sealants or spray coating are a longer lasting product correct with more protection? Where the booster is just a booster to help rejuvenate the coating on the car already?

acuRAS82
04-17-2020, 10:49 AM
Booster is generally a topper with less protection (I guess). For what you’re looking for, think of them as one in the same. First, you can spray Ech2O on while drying to prevent water spots. That’s “drying and d” usage that you probably see talked about here. It will be quicker and just as effective.

Some toppers will also do the drying aid process for you. You mentioned possibly replacing Ech2O. Using a topper as a drying aid would do this. Most will remove water spots as you dry by thinning out the water so it doesn’t “stick”.

I don’t recall if BF Coating Booster or BF SiO2 Spray Sealant are any good as drying aids, but at the very least they would provide protection after you use Ech2O as a drying aid... while staying within the same brand as your coating (not a must but sometimes a benefit). Whether or not these two products work well as a drying aid would be found out by trying them as such and seeing if:
- there is no streaking during the drying process, and
- if there does seem to be good beading after usage.

FUNX650
04-17-2020, 07:02 PM
I recently installed some water filters
and water spotting is almost non existent.

What I’m looking for is something to replace
or to go on after the Ech2o. I’m looking for
something to give me a great gloss/shine and
protection. Am I looking for a topper?

I should also note the car is coated with Ceramic Pro...

Synergistically speaking: Why not stay within
the Ceramic Pro family of products and get a
bottle of Ceramic Pro’s CARE...

Bob

acuRAS82
04-17-2020, 09:48 PM

Bob
Oh, I thought he was using BF Pro Ceramic. Had never heard of Ceramic Pro.

OP, my bad.

ntwillie1
04-17-2020, 09:54 PM
I'll prob catch heat for saying this but if you want gloss and something that's safe to use on top of your coating, why not try bead maker? Its not expensive and looks real good.

acuRAS82
04-17-2020, 09:59 PM
I'll prob catch heat for saying this but if you want gloss and something that's safe to use on top of your coating, why not try bead maker? Its not expensive and looks real good.

No heat here. I think he could phase out Ech2O with BM, assuming he’s into the drying aid idea for ease and time.

Coatingsarecrack
04-18-2020, 07:03 AM
Any sio2 topper should be Ok. If price is not a concern Polish Angel cosmic spritz is wonderful... If wanting to spend less I like Griots Cermaic 3-1.

If you like waxing their are more and more ceramic waxes coming to market... you could check those out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vilastrex
04-18-2020, 08:06 AM
No heat here. I think he could phase out Ech2O with BM, assuming he’s into the drying aid idea for ease and time.

I do like the thought of the drying aid as I get some small water spotting!

vilastrex
04-18-2020, 08:09 AM

Bob

I’ve seen the care product looked for reviews and have come up short. Have you used Care ?

vilastrex
04-18-2020, 08:13 AM
I have seen noting but great thing about the PA cosmic how often would you apply?

Dr Oldz
04-18-2020, 09:46 AM
Get yourself Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax. Great drying aid, adds nice gloss and adds great protection on top of any coating. All in one step while drying.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410 (https://www.autogeek.net/hybrid-solutions-ceramic-wet-wax-53410.html)