PDA

View Full Version : PB Polish w/ Carnuba?

scooterguitar
07-15-2006, 08:43 PM
I got some on a trade. How is it and how do you apply, with PC, what setting? Is it totally a one step product?

wytstang
07-15-2006, 09:42 PM
When you find out let me know cause I picked some up on clearance at a great price.

ScottB
07-15-2006, 09:46 PM
reasonable one step type product, never used with buffer. Probably treat it similar to AIO.

scooterguitar
07-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks.

wytstang
07-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Did some quick researching and it seems that PwC is basically PB answer to CK's VM. It's simialr to VM from what I gather...

scooterguitar
07-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Well good, cause I love VM!

Excessive Detail
07-15-2006, 10:55 PM
I've been using that stuff for polishing chrome and other metals, also it cleans up wheels pretty good, and the carnuba leaves a good shine, I tried it on paint with a polishing pad, didn't car much for it, it seems to work good on windows to, I want to try PB Pro. Polish, I've heard its pretty good.

ScottB
07-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Did some quick researching and it seems that PwC is basically PB answer to CK's VM. It's simialr to VM from what I gather...

little different ..... VM is a polish with fillers and really no protective qualities. Pw/C is a polish, some fillers, and some wax protection. I would actually consider XMT's Finishing Glaze to be more like the Poorboys Polish although XMT is nowhere near as strong abrasively.

scooterguitar
07-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Any clue as to how abrasive? like a finishing polish maybe, or more like say SSR1?

ScottB
07-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Any clue as to how abrasive? like a finishing polish maybe, or more like say SSR1?

SSR1 is a finishing polish .... over on Detailcity several guys have used it on some serious defects. Probably more like SSR 2.

scooterguitar
07-16-2006, 09:40 AM
ugh, sorry to hear that.
I thought SSR 1 was their finest, but a product like Menz FP I use seems lots finer to me at least????

ScottB
07-16-2006, 11:37 AM
ugh, sorry to hear that.
I thought SSR 1 was their finest, but a product like Menz FP I use seems lots finer to me at least????

I cannot disagree with you on that at all. Menzerna makes some of the finest polishes and they all (well except Power Gloss-compound) break down quickly into some great finishing polishes. If you look at their gloss numbers, its amazing at how they can be quite aggressive at first, and yet so fine at the end. Dimishing abrasives surely ! When my P085 runs out ... I am seriously gonna be bummed.

Surfer
07-16-2006, 11:47 AM
I cannot disagree with you on that at all. Menzerna makes some of the finest polishes and they all (well except Power Gloss-compound) break down quickly into some great finishing polishes. If you look at their gloss numbers, its amazing at how they can be quite aggressive at first, and yet so fine at the end. Dimishing abrasives surely ! When my P085 runs out ... I am seriously gonna be bummed.Didn't Menzerna stop some of their line (or maybe it was just exporting over to us?), or do they still have a finishing polish? What about the Blackfire stuff that seems to versions of Menzerna, do they have a finishing polish? My OP finishes down extremely nice for being so agressive, but might want to pick up a true finishing polish soon. I'm even impressed how my OC finishes down even with a yellow/orange cutting pad.