PDA

View Full Version : Old New Guy from Ohio

nrengle
04-15-2020, 08:55 AM
Hey guys. Been a member here for a long time and done quite a few details over the years. But have taken a long break (about 9 years) from the site as life just gets in the way a lot of times. If any of the old guys are still around from when I was active in late 00's to 11 how you doing? Anyways I'm still touring and working in the music industry, though at this current time I'm not doing anything obviously. Still married, and now have a 2 year old.

Anyways I'm wondering what has changed in the last 9 years since I did my last major order. I did just order the Griot's foaming soap, and Poly spray. That stuff was amazing. I'm getting older so easier products/methods help, especially after back surgery, and needing both news replaced. Last time I visited Riccardo Clay was the go to (if you could smuggle it across from Canada, which I cannot find it at Canadian Tire anymore and need new clay). As well as Wolfgang polishing system and their Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. And a close second was the Menzerna stuff. Still have a bit of all those left (they've all been keep inside the house so no freezing thankfully).

I'm gonna try to stick around again for a bit but as we know life has a way of getting busy.

Eldorado2k
04-15-2020, 08:59 AM
Welcome back

Jimmie
04-15-2020, 09:59 AM
Hi Old New Guy. I definitely remember your AGOL name. I’m in the same boat. Quarantine motivated me to detail my cars so I came back to hear from the pros. Lots of new favorite products at Autogeek. So I wasted no time placing an order. I made myself a promise to show more control this time, tehehe. Anyway good hearing from you. ~another old new guy.

FUNX650
04-15-2020, 11:26 AM
:welcome: back!

Bob

Mike Phillips
04-15-2020, 12:36 PM
Hey guys. Been a member here for a long time and done quite a few details over the years. But have taken a long break (about 9 years) from the site as life just gets in the way a lot of times.

If any of the old guys are still around from when I was active in late 00's to 11 how you doing?

Welcome back, glad to have figured out your forum member status and fixed it so you can post. Not sure what was up with that?

Anyways I'm wondering what has changed in the last 9 years since I did my last major order.

What's changed?

Pretty much EVERYTHING!

So many more tools to choose from. More pads to choose from.

Ceramic Paint Coatings are all the rage.

And abrasive technology have come a log way.

Welcome to the new world of car detailing!

:welcome:

nrengle
04-16-2020, 09:57 AM
Welcome back, glad to have figured out your forum member status and fixed it so you can post. Not sure what was up with that?

What's changed?

Pretty much EVERYTHING!

So many more tools to choose from. More pads to choose from.

Ceramic Paint Coatings are all the rage.

And abrasive technology have come a log way.

Welcome to the new world of car detailing!

:welcome:

I've seen hahaha! It's like trying to keep up with the live music production world. Definitely glad things are easier. My body has been destroyed by constant travel for nearly 20 years.

Look forward to doing what I can for as long as I can. And thanks for fixing my account (who knows what was wrong hahaha)