PDA

View Full Version : How much work is it worth?

cgdalton
04-11-2020, 08:36 PM
So here's the deal, my wife's car is in need of some help. More than just a good wash, it needs a little correction. It is a daily that gets parked outside, under trees, and abused on a (almost) daily basis. We're also looking at trading it in soon to get something to accommodate kids and stuff better.

But I need your help. I'm not looking to two-step it, or really, ceramic coat it. I'm thinking a good one-step, maybe a good sealant and wax just until we trade it in. So, what kind of pad and polish would you recommend to do a quick go around on some daily's? My daily is due for the same (also parked outside, but I'm a little more caring of my car haha) so I'll be trying to implement it on a few.

But is this level of work worth it on a car destined to be trashed all over again by a dealer? Also, can anyone help tell me what's going on in the attached picture and what I might can do to fix it?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200412/55f7d7d209a8176e3f335c877f14aff6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

UncleDavy
04-11-2020, 08:46 PM
Blackfire One Step or 3D Speed with an LC white pad should do it.

Dr Oldz
04-11-2020, 08:51 PM

Exactly what I would suggest also!

WaxMaster1
04-11-2020, 08:52 PM
Blackfire One Step or 3D Speed with an LC white pad should do it.This^^^ and call it a day

Billy Baldone
04-11-2020, 09:03 PM
If the paint is a bit harder, maybe an orange pad. And follow up with Blackfire hybrid liquid. They work very well together

PaulMys
04-11-2020, 09:10 PM

UD nailed it.

Sharply Dressed
04-11-2020, 09:24 PM
Yes, it’s worth it. Good practice and love the products recommended already.

KineticUrchin
04-12-2020, 07:01 AM
You could use this car as a practice car, since whatever she gets next (I assume) will be nicer, newer, more expensive.

ntwillie1
04-12-2020, 07:12 AM
I’m in the same boat. Since car (2017 gle43) goes back on lease very soon will guinea pig w it. I dont know why but a few hears back i purchased perfect finish. It only came in a big bottle. I don’t regret the purchase, just the size as its more than a weekend warrior needs. Haven’t used it much so will now. Hopefully next owner gets a near mint car and paint finish and loves it like I did.

Markymapo
04-12-2020, 08:40 AM
BF one step, as mentioned above. Do you have any products laying around that you haven’t tried as you could use the vehicle mentioned for practice ( which is what I did with our 19 year old Acura TL. But luck had it 6 weeks later the transmission went. I guess it didn’t like me driving her around showing off her shine)

cgdalton
04-12-2020, 10:26 AM
BF one step, as mentioned above. Do you have any products laying around that you haven’t tried as you could use the vehicle mentioned for practice ( which is what I did with our 19 year old Acura TL. But luck had it 6 weeks later the transmission went. I guess it didn’t like me driving her around showing off her shine)I actually dont. This will be the first time I do any kind of correction (I'm still kinda new to the whole detailing thing). I had been contemplating UroFiber and 3D One, but is there a state able advantage of using the BF and foam combo? I have nothing (other than a polisher) so I'm a clean slate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

PaulMys
04-12-2020, 04:26 PM
What polisher/pads do you have?

cgdalton
04-12-2020, 04:27 PM
What polisher/pads do you have?Polisher is a MaxShine
Just ordered some LC foam pads

PaulMys
04-12-2020, 04:32 PM
Love the LC flat pads. I have always used 3D Speed (Formerly HD Speed) for one-steps, and have got great results. But, this is on my own babied vehicles.

I have never used the BF One Step, but so many guys on here that know a TON rave about the stuff, and I do not doubt them.

I would go the BF route. :)

pilotpip
04-12-2020, 09:41 PM
I actually dont. This will be the first time I do any kind of correction (I'm still kinda new to the whole detailing thing). I had been contemplating UroFiber and 3D One, but is there a state able advantage of using the BF and foam combo? I have nothing (other than a polisher) so I'm a clean slate.

From someone that is strictly a hobbyist, and has daily drivers that don't get pampered I don't think you can go wrong with an All in one. They're simple, straight forward, provide decent correction, protection, and they're about as fool-proof as it gets. They're going to give a marked improvement over nothing. I'll put my truck and car with McKees 360 (no longer sold here) up against 90% of the daily drivers you see out there. Mine look MUCH better. Blackfire has great reviews here and that will probably be what I go to next.