PDA

View Full Version : Buffer Recommendation

Pages : [1] 2 3

sixgun95
04-09-2020, 04:41 PM
Looking to retire my 7424 to spot detailing only and buy a new buffer. I have been looking at the Griots G9 and G15, also looking at the Adams 15mm LT, Rupes, plus others. I use it maybe once a month and I would consider my skills as a 7/10. So what do you recommend?

ctdave
04-09-2020, 06:22 PM
I just went from Gg6 to the 9 and love it,more than enough power,pretty darn quiet too. Price is good too. My 6 is now doing wax duty.

Sizzle Chest
04-09-2020, 07:41 PM
Can't go wrong with the G9 in my opinion, bang for buck, warranty, power, etc...

luckydawg
04-09-2020, 08:05 PM
I had been reading about issues with the G9- and it was quite a few to be honest
Wonder if they got them fixed?

Bruno Soares
04-09-2020, 08:07 PM
I had been reading about issues with the G9- and it was quite a few to be honest

Even if you get one of the bad ones, they’ll take care of you. Some other brands, after 1 year, will ask for more money. Griot’s is the way to go.

PaulMys
04-09-2020, 08:21 PM

I really love Griot's as a company, and I will say that you are correct in your reading.

That said, any new product introduced (not a restyling or improved model, but a full "built from the ground up" new design) will always have problems that cannot be duplicated in lab testing.
It is when the product is in the hands of the masses that unforeseen issues occur.

But, as Bruno has already stated, Griot's stands behind their products 100%, and you can be sure that any problems are being addressed very quickly.

57Rambler
04-09-2020, 09:06 PM
Buy the Griot's G9 (I'd go with the 25 ft cord option).

Lifetime warranty can't be beat.

PaulMys
04-09-2020, 09:10 PM
Translation : Manufacturers today skimp on their reliability testing.

Translation : The product design was not subjected to FMEA analysis. Thanks for volunteering to be a guinea pig.

Fire the engineer and buy the Griot's G9.

Lifetime warranty can't be beat.

I'd go with the 25 ft cord option.

Translation: 57R likes to translate.......... ;)

57Rambler
04-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Translation: 57R likes to translate.......... ;)

Hey, not fair. You replied while I was editing my post to remove the translations. :laughing:

sixgun95
04-10-2020, 02:06 AM
G9 Chinese made ? I assume so. Any American made polishers? Not feeling Chinese business right now....feeling me! I'll pay double for NO Chinese ####.

Coatingsarecrack
04-10-2020, 04:29 AM
G9 Chinese made ? I assume so. Any American made polishers? Not feeling Chinese business right now....feeling me! I'll pay double for NO Chinese ####.

I don’t know of any US made polishers but I think Rupes is in Italy and Flex in Germany. And yes you will pay at least double

If you want to support the good OL USofA though.... Griots is an American Company that was strted in the America.... Rupes and Flex were/are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckydawg
04-10-2020, 06:21 AM
Just a FYI

Flex has moved their motor shop to china
I know their motors are made in china --100% for sure

Mike Phillips
04-10-2020, 06:29 AM
The Cyclo dual-head polisher is made in the U.S.A

:)

Mike Phillips
04-10-2020, 07:24 AM
G9 Chinese made ? I assume so. Any American made polishers?

A long time ago, the PC was made in America, I think it's made in Mexico now?

Besides the Cyclo, I'm not sure of any other "Made in America" tools. Maybe Dynabrade?

After we get through this Coronavirus Pandemic, with some lessons being learned about globalism, i.e. outsourcing so much production of necessitates, and non-necessities to other countries - maybe this will be an opportunity for someone to start up a new polisher company?

The market must be willing to pay a market value however because the reason so much stuff is made in other countries is in part due to the labor cost. Higher labor cost = higher tool costs.

Should be in the range of the German and Italian made tools? Just floating the idea.

Not feeling Chinese business right now....feeling me! I'll pay double for NO Chinese ####.

I haven't heard yet, but where is the new UDOS going to be built?

:)

Billy Baldone
04-10-2020, 09:04 AM
Where is the new Lake Country polisher made?