PDA

View Full Version : Gliss: No white haze?

Trevor
04-07-2020, 03:01 PM
I applied UK Cquartz last weekend and the car has been garaged ever since. I wiped it down again today and went to apply Gliss for the first time. I read up on it before hand, but it says it flashes to a white haze and then immediately buff off. On my black paint, it thus far is not flashing white at all. I have to look closely and can see a similar flash as when I applied the cQuartz. Before I go any further, am I doing something wrong here? I would have thought black paint would show the white haze easily, much like when I polished it

spazzz
04-07-2020, 03:50 PM
I did my black car last year with 2 coats UK3 and topped with Gliss.
I honestly don't remember a white haze like I noticed on BMW platinum gray metallic when I did that one.

To be honest after the first time I had my system down and wasn't concerned about white haze.
I applied my section, set down materials, grabbed towel and wiped off with TRC low pile, then buffed with Gold Cobra JRs.

Gliss flashes quick.

Trevor
04-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Thanks, I went ahead and finished it. I played with different flash times until I felt comfortable. Gliss is wicked easy to put down and between the UK and the Gliss, the gloss is off the charts.

Bruno Soares
04-08-2020, 06:27 AM
No white haze for me either. Just give it about a minute and it’s ready to be wiped off.
I’m glad it turned out great for you.