PDA

View Full Version : Monkey of my back ?

Pages : [1] 2

KBsToy
04-07-2020, 04:27 AM
I don`t know if it`s because of the way things are now a days or the detail bug has run its course with me. Been doing this for several years now and I have 2 cars that I bought new recently and they where in excellent shape paint wise. I did my decon process, prep wipe and SIo2 sealed and now use Bead maker as a drying aid.

One car is silver metallic and the other pearl white so upkeep on these cars will be easy. My over load of excess products have been given to neighbors' and my buddy who had a detail business.

Things should be simpler now with one cabinet for my detail supplies. One shelf for my G9 / G8 and pads which will probably not be used in the near future and 2 shelves for my MF towels.

Just my thoughts this morning while having a coffee and a banana nut muffin :)

P.S. I even cut down on you tube detailing videos :(

Everybody out there STAY SAFE !!!!!

acuRAS82
04-07-2020, 04:45 AM
You’re lucky you can find neighbors around here who will have any interest in your supplies.

Stay safe, do your thing!

Finick
04-07-2020, 05:29 AM
I’ve been feeling the same way lately. My goal was to just use up stuff I have excess of, but the more I have to shuffle it around (space is limited) the more it starts to irritate me that it’s there. Gallons just take up a lot of space when you don’t have a dedicated place for them.

When things are a little more normal I may try and give some of it away just to get rid of it. Awhile back I sold $175 worth of stuff for $40 shipped. Basically was giving it all away at that point imo. Could also hit up the trades thread, I guess.

I want to severely thin down the stock so I can consolidate things and simplify what I have. I’m not very interested in buying new things unless I really trust the source of information or it seems to be exactly what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster906
04-07-2020, 06:56 AM
I’ve been feeling the same way lately. My goal was to just use up stuff I have excess of, but the more I have to shuffle it around (space is limited) the more it starts to irritate me that it’s there. Gallons just take up a lot of space when you don’t have a dedicated place for them.

When things are a little more normal I may try and give some of it away just to get rid of it. Awhile back I sold $175 worth of stuff for $40 shipped. Basically was giving it all away at that point imo. Could also hit up the trades thread, I guess.

I want to severely thin down the stock so I can consolidate things and simplify what I have. I’m not very interested in buying new things unless I really trust the source of information or it seems to be exactly what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAre you planning to post the products you wish to unload on the "Sample" thread?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Finick
04-07-2020, 07:03 AM
Are you planning to post the products you wish to unload on the "Sample" thread?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’ll probably post it there first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vobro
04-07-2020, 09:43 AM
I’m kinda in the same boat, I bought a new Silverado 2 weeks ago and deconed,polished and coated it. Took about 8 hours plus cleaning towels , pads and garage. Last Sunday I started putting all my stuff back in the garage and thought this is silly so I called up my local fire department and asked if the needed anything, they said yes so I boxed up stuff and brought it over.

I still will clean and maintain but I don’t obsess about it anymore, I realized that when I watched my wife palm the paint as she shut the door. Normally I’d go into a speech on how to close the door so she doesn’t mar the paint and make an ass out myself. I didn’t and realized she’s been working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for 3 weeks at the hospital and somehow my paint will survive.

KBsToy
04-07-2020, 11:20 AM
I’m kinda in the same boat, I bought a new Silverado 2 weeks ago and deconed,polished and coated it. Took about 8 hours plus cleaning towels , pads and garage. Last Sunday I started putting all my stuff back in the garage and thought this is silly so I called up my local fire department and asked if the needed anything, they said yes so I boxed up stuff and brought it over.

I still will clean and maintain but I don’t obsess about it anymore, I realized that when I watched my wife palm the paint as she shut the door. Normally I’d go into a speech on how to close the door so she doesn’t mar the paint and make an ass out myself. I didn’t and realized she’s been working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for 3 weeks at the hospital and somehow my paint will survive.

Please THANK your wife for her work !!!!!!!

Just think things have got a little simpler now .

Sizzle Chest
04-07-2020, 12:17 PM
As long as everyone is happy and staying safe/healthy, that is all that matters! If later on you feel the need to 'step it up' again, do so!

pilotpip
04-07-2020, 12:40 PM
I've done more cleaning of my vehicles in the last 2 weeks than I have in years. I'm able to watch my kids get some outside recreation during all of this. The cleaning gives me something to do while they ride their bikes and play in the yard. I can keep a close eye on them and still get something done.

But yes, I'm going to start simplifying my stash. I may try something new once in a while, but only after I use up what I have.

KBsToy
04-09-2020, 04:42 AM
You’re lucky you can find neighbors around here who will have any interest in your supplies.

Stay safe, do your thing!

Yes they where happy :)
Seen a few outside working on there cars and staying active . Maybe I started something here in our HOA :)

PaulMys
04-11-2020, 12:19 PM
**bump**. :)

KBsToy
04-11-2020, 12:30 PM
Magic :)

KBsToy
04-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Bump :laughing:

WaxMaster1
04-12-2020, 10:46 AM
Bump :laughing:Lots of bumping and laughing going on over there, Ken.

UncleDavy
04-12-2020, 11:06 AM
I still have the bug; the detailing bug that is. My wife keeps telling me that I can't keep cleaning the same clean cars every day but I sure enjoy it. New product reviews are constantly being posted on the forum and it stirs up the interest even more.