PDA

View Full Version : Better towel method

jforget1
07-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I have read here that it is bad to dry my mf towels. But there has to be a better method than just laying them out. It takes a long time to dry them this way. Is it that bad to dry them. Maybe just drying them for a while. Is it that important not to dry them?

RPM06
07-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I have read here that it is bad to dry my mf towels. But there has to be a better method than just laying them out. It takes a long time to dry them this way. Is it that bad to dry them. Maybe just drying them for a while. Is it that important not to dry them?

I put mine in for about 20 minutes at low heat. Then set them out to dry. Seem to be holding up pretty good. Just makes sure that you aren't using a bounce sheet.

I just recently purchased a little electric blower to dry my C6. I think it blows at 150 mph and cost me like $40-50 from Lowes. Now I'm drying all my vehicles with it. It has cut my wash and dry time down in half and I finish up my whole car with the small Guzzler MF towel from AG.

:cheers:

Surfer
07-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I put mine in for about 20 minutes at low heat. Then set them out to dry. Seem to be holding up pretty good. Just makes sure that you aren't using a bounce sheet.

I just recently purchased a little electric blower to dry my C6. I think it blows at 150 mph and cost me like $40-50 from Lowes. Now I'm drying all my vehicles with it. It has cut my wash and dry time down in half and I finish up my whole car with the small Guzzler MF towel from AG.

:cheers:Yup, I use my electric blower as well, especially on our trucks. Water likes to hide n/around the seals along windows and drip hours later, sucker blows it right out. I don't really remember the last time I "really" dryed with a towel. Usually there are very tiny water beads scattered around after, so I just spray some QD and wipe/buff, no marring or waterspots now.

As for my micro's, I just put them in the dryer on low heat till their just slightly damp and let air dry in a holder I have for them.

jforget1
07-15-2006, 08:42 PM
This all sounds a lot easier, Surfer what do you use for a rack? Trying to think of what might work for a rack.

belcherm58
07-15-2006, 08:44 PM
I tried drying on the air only settiing on my dryer. I ran 2 cycles and they
were still damp. I have a Whirlpool dryer that has the automatic cycle that
stops automatically when stuff is dry. I use the low heat setting and as the
towels start getting dry, it starts cutting down on the heat. Works great and
my towels are in perfect shape. Another thing I found that cleans the towels
is adding a half cup of any of the orange citrus APC to the wash.