PDA

View Full Version : decals

98bmw323is
03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
is their any special steps that should be taken when clean cars with decals or graphics on the side. Or just wash and wax like paint?

naylorlanche
03-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I just detailed a toyota corolla with flame decals on the front fenders leading down the doors. I had to buff the entire car so i just payed attention to them and tried not to hit the edges and everything worked out just fine. I wouldnt use any degreaser or prep solvents near the decals though!! good luck.

bigron
03-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I just detailed a toyota corolla with flame decals on the front fenders leading down the doors. I had to buff the entire car so i just payed attention to them and tried not to hit the edges and everything worked out just fine. I wouldnt use any degreaser or prep solvents near the decals though!! good luck.

I agree on this. We have sponsor decals (not enough!) on our race car and use all regulars such as WG pre wax enhancer, Pinnacle swirl removers for tyre marks!, Pinnacle Souveran liquid wax and PB spray and wipe etc.
You just have to go careful around edges as naylorlanche says and keep degreasers away from them.