PDA

View Full Version : Which Coating For Rims

bryanviper
03-25-2020, 04:24 PM
Hello,

Was wondering what you opinion of Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour VS Gtechniq EXOv4?

Which would be better on your rims? Taking into consideration the heat from the brakes when on the track once in a while?

Thank you.

Mike Phillips
03-25-2020, 07:54 PM
Out of the Gtechniq options, I have only used the C5 product and I was impressed with the performance and longevity after multiple, multiple wheel cleanings.

Gtechniq is an established brand you can trust. Just follow the directions.

:)

The Guz
03-25-2020, 10:35 PM
Do you have both or none yet?

bryanviper
03-26-2020, 07:07 AM
I have neither currently, but used CSL + exov4 on my car last summer which is why I was considering EXOv4 as I have used it before. Just wondering which should last longer?

Thanks

Do you have both or none yet?

The Guz
03-26-2020, 10:53 AM
They will both last about the same amount of time. It will depend on what type of elements the wheels are exposed to. C5 is not as hydrophobic as Exo but rather more sheeting when the water floods the surface. It will still bead but not as much as Exo. You can use both together as well and that combo will get you about 18 months give or take when Exo will fade and it will become C5's sheeting style.

bryanviper
03-26-2020, 11:53 AM
Great! Thanks for the info :)

They will both last about the same amount of time. It will depend on what type of elements the wheels are exposed to. C5 is not as hydrophobic as Exo but rather more sheeting when the water floods the surface. It will still bead but not as much as Exo. You can use both together as well and that combo will get you about 18 months give or take when Exo will fade and it will become C5's sheeting style.