PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to try the Hybrid Ceramic line ... Dang Mother Nature ...

Don M
03-23-2020, 08:08 AM
I recently washed my Camaro for the first time since October last year, which is when I put a coat of Seal N Shine on it. To my surprise, the hood, roof and trunk lid were still beading quite well (the sides were only 'sheeting' decently though). This is on a daily driver in NE Ohio (snow, salt, rain, slush etc.). Needless to say, I was impressed.

Friday here, it was 70* - but I had to work so no detailing for me. I did some shopping on Saturday and picked up the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax, Spray Coating and the 3 in 1 Detailer. The temps were down significantly from Friday, but still doable, but I was too busy to detail the car. Sunday I wake up to sunshine, clear skies and .... 27* with wind, figures. Today it's 40* and rain ARRRGHH!!!

Anywho, I am a First Responder, so my job is deemed 'Necessary' and I work the next 6 days. My next days off are Sunday/Monday and the weather is calling for rain on Sunday/Low 50s on Monday - I can't catch a break.

This "Stay-at-Home," "Shelter-in-Place" stuff is bad enough, but to be denied the joys of trying 3 new products just because Winter doesn't want to let go is excruciating. **End of Rant**

I'm so impressed with the long-term performance of Seal N Shine that I can hardly stand not being able to use my new Hybrid Solutions products because I have high hopes for them. Rest assured though, as soon as I can get some decent weather, I will be using the new products and posting a review with pictures.

Stay Safe and Well everyone.

Mgavin1985
03-23-2020, 08:34 AM
I recently washed my Camaro for the first time since October last year, which is when I put a coat of Seal N Shine on it. To my surprise, the hood, roof and trunk lid were still beading quite well (the sides were only 'sheeting' decently though). This is on a daily driver in NE Ohio (snow, salt, rain, slush etc.). Needless to say, I was impressed.

Friday here, it was 70* - but I had to work so no detailing for me. I did some shopping on Saturday and picked up the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax, Spray Coating and the 3 in 1 Detailer. The temps were down significantly from Friday, but still doable, but I was too busy to detail the car. Sunday I wake up to sunshine, clear skies and .... 27* with wind, figures. Today it's 40* and rain ARRRGHH!!!

Anywho, I am a First Responder, so my job is deemed 'Necessary' and I work the next 6 days. My next days off are Sunday/Monday and the weather is calling for rain on Sunday/Low 50s on Monday - I can't catch a break.

This "Stay-at-Home," "Shelter-in-Place" stuff is bad enough, but to be denied the joys of trying 3 new products just because Winter doesn't want to let go is excruciating. **End of Rant**

I'm so impressed with the long-term performance of Seal N Shine that I can hardly stand not being able to use my new Hybrid Solutions products because I have high hopes for them. Rest assured though, as soon as I can get some decent weather, I will be using the new products and posting a review with pictures.

Stay Safe and Well everyone.

I feel your pain brother!

Sizzle Chest
03-23-2020, 10:38 AM
Don, firstly, stay safe!

And wow! What a swing in weather! That is insane!

Don M
03-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Don, firstly, stay safe!

And wow! What a swing in weather! That is insane!

Thanks, and that's just Ohio weather this time of year :laughing:

PA DETAILER
03-23-2020, 11:08 AM
Your going to like them DON. PA weather let me complete the HYBRID LINE over the past 2 weekends. P&S followed by 2 coats of the spray coating. Now looking forward to trying the WET WAX as a drying aid to maintain.

Don M
03-23-2020, 11:14 AM
Your going to like them DON. PA weather let me complete the HYBRID LINE over the past 2 weekends. P&S followed by 2 coats of the spray coating. Now looking forward to trying the WET WAX as a drying aid to maintain.

The hardest part for me will be waiting 24 hours between the HS Polish & Wax and the Spray Coating ... I'm predicting I'll only be able to wait 12 - 14 hours ... IF I use the P&W in the evening and let it set overnight and do the Spray Coating in the morning.