PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towels

Pages : [1] 2

TrustYxC4
03-22-2020, 07:25 PM
Just got my order of nice quality towels. I didn’t realize how big of a difference a quality towel felt over a cheap towel. I ordered the zwipes towels on amazon and “thought” they were quality because of a non detailing related google search. I ordered autofiber and rag company to see if I could tell a difference. They both feel amazing and I can’t wait to try them out on a car, problem is I’m scared to ruin the towels lol. I want to keep them nice plush and perfect. Anyone else feel this way?

PaulMys
03-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Just got my order of nice quality towels. I didn’t realize how big of a difference a quality towel felt over a cheap towel. I ordered the zwipes towels on amazon and “thought” they were quality because of a non detailing related google search. I ordered autofiber and rag company to see if I could tell a difference. They both feel amazing and I can’t wait to try them out on a car, problem is I’m scared to ruin the towels lol. I want to keep them nice plush and perfect. Anyone else feel this way?

No, not really.

They aren't the Mona Lisa. Lol

Just take great care of them, and remember that they will eventually come to the end of their life .

That is when you downgrade them to wheel and door jamb duty and order new ones. :)

Bill D
03-22-2020, 07:41 PM
Don’t worry though, with proper care they ought to last a good, LONG time.

TrustYxC4
03-22-2020, 08:02 PM
I just value my things and want them to stay this nice. The whole reason I got into detailing, wanting to keep my truck looking A+

Bill D
03-22-2020, 08:06 PM
You are in good company. We here totally understand wanting to keep your stuff in great shape. I bet the longer you stick around here the longer your truck is going to look immaculate!

PaulMys
03-22-2020, 08:15 PM
I just value my things and want them to stay this nice. The whole reason I got into detailing, wanting to keep my truck looking A+

Completely understand.

This forum only exists because of people being compulsively addicted to keeping things nice. (Vehicle-wise).

But remember....MF towels, polishing pads, and applicators are all on the front line of our hobby (addiction).

These are what "touch" our paint. Ask yourself: "What is more valuable? My paint, or the tools that touch it?"

Treat your tools like gold, but....... they will need replacing every so often. :)

Bill D
03-22-2020, 08:23 PM
I need to replace all of my pads if I plan to polish again. For me, they just can’t survive the high heat and humidity of Florida without delaminating. Fortunately, I don’t have to polish due to my crazy wash regimen. [emoji846]

Eldorado2k
03-22-2020, 09:09 PM
They both feel amazing and I can’t wait to try them out on a car, problem is I’m scared to ruin the towels lol. I want to keep them nice plush and perfect. Anyone else feel this way?

That’s why I don’t normally buy real expensive towels... You have to realize that you bought those towels to touch your paint and prevent swirls, and the most common task that they’ll be put to do is either rinseless wash, waterless wash, or quik detailing duties.

And since that’s the case, you better be prepared for those precious towels to wind up looking like this once you’re done cleaning your moderately dirty vehicle.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200323/03d84bac5e7bf2fbb90ccdc51df146d6.jpg

Unless of course you decide to quik detail/waterless wash your car everyday. Lol.

TrustYxC4
03-22-2020, 09:36 PM
Unless of course you decide to quik detail/waterless wash your car everyday. Lol.[/QUOTE]

That’s a really good idea. Lol I’d never get anything done.

Rrthomas78
03-22-2020, 09:54 PM
Just use them if you start the mindset of I don't want to use my good towels on this you'll never use them....just like tools

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Eldorado2k
03-22-2020, 10:14 PM
That’s a really good idea. Lol I’d never get anything done.

Actually you’d be surprised how fast it can be done the more frequently you do it... I swear I can wipe my car down in like 5min. if I do it everyday or every 2 days at the most... But once it goes longer than that it takes longer because you have to be more careful.

Sometimes I think the hardest part is trying to not look like the crazy guy who’s wiping his car down everyday in front of the neighbors.. If I had a garage I might actually wipe my car down everyday because it really makes it so much easier.[emoji41]

vobro
03-22-2020, 11:11 PM
Towels are just a tool, I care for them but realize they have serve a need and purpose

fly07sti
03-22-2020, 11:15 PM
Or just do like I do and buy A LOT of towels.

Coatingsarecrack
03-23-2020, 06:34 AM
Or just do like I do and buy A LOT of towels.

I remember seeing pics of your shed and making a doomsday joke. Well jokes on me you’ve got enough towels to last if we are quarantined for 8-10 years. [emoji1787][emoji23]

But seriously if you value MF and see a difference you will be buying them alot. Everytime TRC has a sale I have to force myself to not go onto their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
03-23-2020, 06:48 AM
I remember seeing pics of your shed and making a doomsday joke. Well jokes on me you’ve got enough towels to last if we are quarantined for 8-10 years. [emoji1787][emoji23]

But seriously if you value MF and see a difference you will be buying them alot. Everytime TRC has a sale I have to force myself to not go onto their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who needs toilet paper when he’s got a shed full of chinchillas to wipe his arse with for the next 12 months.[emoji23]lol.