PDA

View Full Version : Detailer's Pride Tire Dressing Review

Pats300zx
03-14-2020, 08:31 AM
This is a short review of the new Detailer's Pride Tire Dressing. As part of the new 2020 release, I was fortunate to receive several of the new Detailer's Pride for review. Detailer's Pride Tire Dressing is water based tire dressing. I currently use either Meguiars Hyper Dressing (diluted 1:1 for tires) or Poorboys Bold and Bright. I have switched to all water based tire dressing since I feel they don't tend to brown my tires, attract less dirt, and make overall make cleaning the tires on every wash much easier. I particularly like Meguiars Hyperdressing since it is very economical and can be diluted to adjust the gloss level. Also having the ability to use it on other surfaces like wheel wells, engine bays, and interiors is a huge plus. Additionally I also love the look of Poorboys Bold and Bright since it also does have some cleaning abilities in the dressing and gives a very dark, clean, and not overly greasy look to the tire. The only downside to Poorboys Bold and Bright is the price point compared to Hyperdressing.

https://s.yimg.com/aah/autogeek/dp-tire-dressing-5.gif
Product Description:

DP Tire Dressing is a water-based formula that preserves original color and texture. The 100% water-based formula of DP Tire Dressing protects the original look and feel of your rubber tires, but it will enhance the appearance with long-lasting shine. Sling is not an issue with DP Tire Dressing, and it is also easy to apply. DP Tire Dressing will keep your tires looking dark and fresh for several washes and rainy days!

Cost: $14.99 for 16 ounces

Application and Thoughts:

1. I applied Detailer's Pride Tire Dressing after thoroughly cleaning the tire. It applied and spread rather easily with a flagged tipped brush leaving a very deep rich gloss. The look was not overly greasy and I waited about 15 minutes and drove my car with no sling. The gloss level is great and I could have knocked it down even more by going over the tire with a micro fiber towel. I assume you could also cut this product at 1:1 for a more matte look on your tires. Overall I was very pleased with how Detailer's Pride Tire Dressing looked. I am looking forward to seeing how it holds up in the rain compared to other water based dressings. I have been told that this is one of the new Detailer's Pride products that might be sold in gallons so depending on the price point it might make it a good competitor to Hyperdressing for those looking for a water based tire dressing in bulk.

https://i.imgur.com/8ilYBA9.jpg

swexlin
03-14-2020, 02:24 PM
Thanks Pat. I've tried so many different dressings....and I always come back to two: Adam's VRT, and Stoner's. Might have to check this one out. Do you think it would work well on the black trim of my Ram? Specifically the plastic bedrails? I've been using Griot's on them, and have been please with the results.

bofh
03-14-2020, 08:25 PM
The product page (https://www.autogeek.net/dp-tire-dressing.html) for this says that tire salespeople will try to sell you new tires to get that clean look-- do you think you've averted buying new tires by using tire dressing? :) /s

Don’t let tire shops fool you, you can get new looking tires without having to buy new tires. DP Tire Dressing enhances its original look with a long-lasting shine. With DP Tire Dressing, you can make your tires look like your original beauties.

acuRAS82
03-15-2020, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the review. Did you spray directly on to the tire and then brush?

PA DETAILER
03-15-2020, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the review. I have this waiting in my inventory to try. That is the exact way I apply my tire dressing. Flagged tipped brush. It's going to take a act of god to switch me from Duragloss #253. But the DP really sounds similar.

Eldorado2k
03-15-2020, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the review. Did you spray directly on to the tire and then brush?

We spray into the brush, then brush onto the tire.[emoji1419]

PA DETAILER
03-15-2020, 06:02 AM
:iagree: Best method ever!

Pats300zx
03-15-2020, 06:35 AM
Thanks Pat. I've tried so many different dressings....and I always come back to two: Adam's VRT, and Stoner's. Might have to check this one out. Do you think it would work well on the black trim of my Ram? Specifically the plastic bedrails? I've been using Griot's on them, and have been please with the results.

I don't like to use tire dressing for trim. I would opt for a trim sealant like Ultima Tire and Trim or Wolfgang Trim Sealant.

acuRAS82
03-15-2020, 10:39 AM
We spray into the brush, then brush onto the tire.[emoji1419]

Good! I’ve never used a spray dressing but was curious if it was friendly for loading up an applicator brush.

Eldorado2k
03-15-2020, 10:49 AM
Good! I’ve never used a spray dressing but was curious if it was friendly for loading up an applicator brush.

Totally. What kind of brush do you have available?

I use and recommend this Flag Tipped Brush.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200315/3e6a3b4d42226ebfd80b48a6f694f575.jpg

acuRAS82
03-15-2020, 11:11 AM
Totally. What kind of brush do you have available?

I use and recommend this Flag Tipped Brush.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200315/3e6a3b4d42226ebfd80b48a6f694f575.jpg

For applying, I usually use applicators.

But for the M37 coating I use this thin Carrand per the product description recommendation.

I don’t have any soft bristled brushes like yours.

Eldorado2k
03-15-2020, 11:17 AM
For applying, I usually use applicators.

But for the M37 coating I use this thin Carrand per the product description recommendation.

I don’t have any soft bristled brushes like yours.

For Tire Coatings, I use that Red/Black Speed Master applicator you have.

Meghan
03-16-2020, 08:06 AM
Nice review Pat, thank you.