PDA

View Full Version : Snow on CQuartz Lite Before 48 Hrs

lkaten
03-13-2020, 12:41 PM
Applied CQuartz Lite yesterday with Reload. Today I unexpectedly had to take the car out in the snow...about 20 hours after application. Will that be a problem with my coating?

Thanks

The Guz
03-13-2020, 01:23 PM
You should be fine. Reload is there to protect Lite. Wash it after the curing time and report back.

Rsurfer
03-13-2020, 01:31 PM
Applied CQuartz Lite yesterday with Reload. Today I unexpectedly had to take the car out in the snow...about 20 hours after application. Will that be a problem with my coating?

Thanks
You should be good to go.
Did you apply two coats since you had a 150 ml bottle?

lkaten
03-13-2020, 01:39 PM
Sounds good...I'll hope it's all good.

I only applied one coat. When I opened the bottle it wasn't coming out, so i squeezed. Bad idea. I didn't realize that the whole plug in the top of the bottle could come out. It did...and my 150 mls spilled all over the side of my car. I wiped quickly, and had enough to finish. However, after all of that, I didn't have enough time or CQuartz for a second coat. A little bummed about that!

Rsurfer
03-13-2020, 01:43 PM

I only applied one coat. When I opened the bottle it wasn't coming out, so i squeezed. Bad idea. I didn't realize that the whole plug in the top of the bottle could come out. It did...and my 150 mls spilled all over the side of my car. I wiped quickly, and had enough to finish. However, after all of that, I didn't have enough time or CQuartz for a second coat. A little bummed about that!

Ouch!!!

lkaten
03-13-2020, 01:46 PM
Ouch!!!

Yep!!

The Guz
03-13-2020, 02:34 PM

I took this photo during a coating job and I posted it for this exact reason. It is a much better way to get product out than to dribble it out. I use this method for all coatings as it just works.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191207/5604143d5e6f5c956875d8a3cda8ff46.jpg

lkaten
03-14-2020, 04:09 PM
I took this photo during a coating job and I posted it for this exact reason. It is a much better way to get product out than to dribble it out. I use this method for all coatings as it just works.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191207/5604143d5e6f5c956875d8a3cda8ff46.jpg

Good idea.

Rsurfer
03-14-2020, 04:57 PM
Good idea.

Now, just don't knock over the bottle.

Bruno Soares
03-14-2020, 07:58 PM
Now, just don't knock over the bottle.

That’s why I’ve never tried that method. I feel like the risk of me knocking over the bottle is big, especially when handling the applicator block and wearing gloves. Never had issues with the dripping method but I don’t know if the Lite bottle is like the UK/Gliss bottles.

The Guz
03-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Have not had any issues spilling any bottles. Gtechniq CSL doesn't come with a stopper but rather they include a pipette. Don't hear too many mentioning they spilled their bottle. The pipette actually distributes product out more efficiently that the stopper. There is also a risk of dropping the bottle and it shattering except Lite since it is plastic container.