PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sio2 spray?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Whipped500
03-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I have talked/asked in a different thread but that was going down a different road to start it back up with this question.

What is everyone's favorite sio2 spray?

I want (like most) for my vehicles to look their best with the least amount of work. I don't mind washing (if it comes clean easily) and then doing some sort of spray afterwards. I like how the sio2 stuff seams to keep things clean. I like that bugs/dirt/contaminates have a hard time sticking and the pressure of the hose seems to get them off. Ideally I want to use an AIO like BF twice a year then maintain with a spray like the Meg's M799 after every wash. I was thinking this because it can be diluted or full strength. It's supposed to add gloss and be slick all with the sio2 properties...but it hasn't come out yet to see any reviews. No matter what I think it would do great for how often I would be using it (once every week -10 days).

With that said, is there anything else sio2 I should be looking at?

What does everyone think about the sonax pns and bds that I keep reading about compared to sio2?

I really think the M799 is going to be more than fine for me but want to hear what others think?

My ears are open... THANKS!!

Rsurfer
03-12-2020, 05:43 PM
I like CarPro's Reload only because I have CQuartz on my paint and like to keep it synergistic.

gorillapr
03-12-2020, 08:19 PM
I love The Last Coat v2.0
Great shine and durability

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

TopBlissGT
03-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Megs new Ceramic detailer and Technicians choice TEC 582 both work great. TW's new ceramic spray works great too

ducksfan
03-12-2020, 08:33 PM
You know a lot of the newer products you don't need to use each time you wash your car ( Heck, even decent spray waxes will last at least two weeks.) I have a vehicle I use BSD on every 4-6 weeks. I don't think I've ever lost protection.

Coatingsarecrack
03-13-2020, 01:58 AM
I feel m799 will be alot like their new ceramic detailer which is nice. Nothing spray on wipe off can compete with Cosmic in terms of shine and hydrophobics (well maybe Kamikaze overcoat).

At $119 for 500ML its really expensive though.

For the $20-30 bottle crowd i like Shine supply clutch and Griots Ceramic 3-1. Both gloss well and protect well.

I think Clutch looks better but is more effort to use. Spread, remove then buff. Likes some dwell time too,

I壇 probably go with Griots 95% as good but easier to apply (wipe on wipe off) and less than half the price in gallons $(195 vs 85)

I will say avoid gallons in toppers. You think you値l ise one topper if you love it and it痴 a much better price per oz but you値l never use it all. You値l get into other products.

Got a half gallon of clutch I知 sitting on that i値l never use up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
03-13-2020, 08:16 AM
First, here’s a link to a thread last year that named a bunch of sprays at that time. Post #35 had the last list but other members were still adding items I never heard of after that. It’s a ‘longevity categories’ list but might ‘remind’ some members what they have used and enjoy.

2019 Beginner`s List of SiO2 Spray Products - Page 3 (https://www.autopia.org/forums/auto-detailing-101-a/190554-2019-beginner-list-sio2-spray-products-3.html?highlight=Beginner%92s)

For tonight, my favorite SiO2 Spray is Polish Angel High Gloss, just because that’s what came to mind first. Not the most durable or cheap, but extremely fun to use and look at the results. The PA Carnauba Arts have SiO2 and also carnauba and are amazing too.

I’ll probably respond back with some more economical favorites once I have think about it. So many good ones out there.

Whipped500
03-13-2020, 09:19 AM
I love The Last Coat v2.0
Great shine and durability

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

I've good things about it... pricey I thought when I looked it up?

Whipped500
03-13-2020, 09:21 AM
You know a lot of the newer products you don't need to use each time you wash your car ( Heck, even decent spray waxes will last at least two weeks.) I have a vehicle I use BSD on every 4-6 weeks. I don't think I've ever lost protection.

I like to do it since it only takes 10-15 min. I feel it makes it look better... maybe just in my head

Whipped500
03-13-2020, 09:25 AM
First, here’s a link to a thread last year that named a bunch of sprays at that time. Post #35 had the last list but other members were still adding items I never heard of after that. It’s a ‘longevity categories’ list but might ‘remind’ some members what they have used and enjoy.

2019 Beginner`s List of SiO2 Spray Products - Page 3 (https://www.autopia.org/forums/auto-detailing-101-a/190554-2019-beginner-list-sio2-spray-products-3.html?highlight=Beginner%92s)

For tonight, my favorite SiO2 Spray is Polish Angel High Gloss, just because that’s what came to mind first. Not the most durable or cheap, but extremely fun to use and look at the results. The PA Carnauba Arts have SiO2 and also carnauba and are amazing too.

I’ll probably respond back with some more economical favorites once I have think about it. So many good ones out there.

Thanks for the link! I tried searching before I posted and couldn't come up with anything...not sure why sometimes.

Thanks

acuRAS82
03-13-2020, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the link! I tried searching before I posted and couldn't come up with anything...not sure why sometimes.

Thanks
Even if you had found old threads, it’s always good to start new ones too... new products always coming on the market and new members who may not have been around last year may have fresh ideas.

Adding IGL Premier, Pinnacle SiO2 Spray and 22PLE VS2 to my favorites here... too hard to pick just one.

Whipped500
03-13-2020, 10:18 AM
Even if you had found old threads, it’s always good to start new ones too... new products always coming on the market and new members who may not have been around last year may have fresh ideas.

Adding IGL Premier, Pinnacle SiO2 Spray and 22PLE VS2 to my favorites here... too hard to pick just one.

I agree! I'm trying to get some feedback on the new M799 but I was trying not to be that person that comes on a forum to ask a question that was just answered in the previous thread.
Thanks

gorillapr
03-13-2020, 12:36 PM
I've good things about it... pricey I thought when I looked it up?It cost me $35. But they always have a sale or combo, when I bought it I got the Bare Slate clay mitt for free because it was a combo so I think it was a good deal plus man the gloss and chemical resistance is better than the majority of ceramic sprays out there.

I want to see a battle between Last Coat v. 2 and Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray to see which one has more durability and resistance

Whipped500
03-14-2020, 09:38 AM
It cost me $35. But they always have a sale or combo, when I bought it I got the Bare Slate clay mitt for free because it was a combo so I think it was a good deal plus man the gloss and chemical resistance is better than the majority of ceramic sprays out there.

I want to see a battle between Last Coat v. 2 and Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray to see which one has more durability and resistance

I just looked it up...$35 for 16 oz bottle and $180 for a gallon!

Did Pan ever do the comparison of tlc and tw?

dogma
03-14-2020, 02:04 PM
IGL Premier