PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Quik vs Ultimate

getgoing
03-12-2020, 05:51 AM
Hello friends,

Which do you think is better between Meguiar's "Quik Interior Detailer" vs "Ultimate Interior Detailer (G16216)?
Both are safe for LCD/navigation screens.

And which of the two is more similar to:
McKee’s 37 FAST Interior Detailer (which has UV protection I believe)

Thanks!

Mike Phillips
03-12-2020, 07:41 AM
I'd say they are all great products.

I was still working at Meguiar's when QID was introduced. One of the reasons it was introduced is because the plastics and vinyl materials used in modern cars keep changing and traditional "dressings" were interacting in a bad way with these surfaces.

Nissan was one example I remember where the dash and door panels would turn splotchy looking or sticky.

So the marketing department and the R&D department came up with a VERY safe product called Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer. It's safe on anything. Then it was introduced for the pro detailer market in bulk. McKee's is the same type of product. I'm confident they will all be just fine.

Probably more important when working on navigation screens is to make sure your microfiber towels are not contaminated.

Out of the 600+ articles I've written here on the AGO forum in the last 10 years, this is without a doubt the most important article and everyone should read it, watch the video and then put what I teach into practice. I do.

How, why & when to inspect your microfiber towels when detailing cars (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/110907-how-why-when-inspect-your-microfiber-towels-when-detailing-cars.html)

You can use the safest product in the world on the plastic gauges and displays in your car but if your towels are contaminated and you put a SCRATCH into any of these surfaces... try to find a how-to article on how to remove the scratches EASILY.

:)

getgoing
03-12-2020, 07:47 PM
I'd say they are all great products.

I was still working at Meguiar's when QID was introduced. One of the reasons it was introduced is because the plastics and vinyl materials used in modern cars keep changing and traditional "dressings" were interacting in a bad way with these surfaces.

Nissan was one example I remember where the dash and door panels would turn splotchy looking or sticky.

So the marketing department and the R&D department came up with a VERY safe product called Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer. It's safe on anything. Then it was introduced for the pro detailer market in bulk. McKee's is the same type of product. I'm confident they will all be just fine.

Probably more important when working on navigation screens is to make sure your microfiber towels are not contaminated.

Out of the 600+ articles I've written here on the AGO forum in the last 10 years, this is without a doubt the most important article and everyone should read it, watch the video and then put what I teach into practice. I do.

How, why & when to inspect your microfiber towels when detailing cars (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/110907-how-why-when-inspect-your-microfiber-towels-when-detailing-cars.html)

You can use the safest product in the world on the plastic gauges and displays in your car but if your towels are contaminated and you put a SCRATCH into any of these surfaces... try to find a how-to article on how to remove the scratches EASILY.

:)

Watched the video - very informative and useful. Thanks for mentioning this!!

2black1s
03-13-2020, 04:39 PM
If I remember correctly, Ultimate vs. Quik Interior Detailer's, is that the Quik Detailer is primarily a cleaner that leaves no residue behind, where the Ultimate has more protectant properties and is therefore a bit more oily or whatever you want to call the residue left behind.

For those reasons, my choice for my own car is the Quik Detailer and that is what I use exclusively. I like the nothing left behind part.

The Ultimate, on the other hand, leaves behind the protectant residue. I dislike "oily" protectants on interiors primarily because they outgas and haze up the windows. Windows stay clean so much longer and are much easier to clean streak-free without protectants being used on interior surfaces.

The reason for starting my post with "If I remember correctly" is that while I am very familiar with the Quik Detailer, I only once bought the Ultimate and my recollection is as described.

getgoing
03-18-2020, 01:21 PM
Looks like Chemical Guys "Total Interior Cleaner" should be similar to Meg QID, right?

The Guz
03-18-2020, 01:46 PM
See Nick's response on the difference.

Ultimate Interior Detailer (https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?64940-Ultimate-Interior-Detailer&p=575184&viewfull=1#post575184)