PDA

View Full Version : Dealership put swirl marks on my new car

CleanIT
03-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Picked up my new car Friday. I specifically told them NOT to clean the car. It was raining and I didn't want to mess up the paint. What did they do? Washed it and put a ton of swirk marks all over the body.

I called them today and they claim to have all the tools necessary to fix it. I am also good friends with a top notch detialer. Would you let the dealership correct the mistake for free, or just suck it up and pay someone to do it? I don't have the tools or experience to do it myself.

Sizzle Chest
03-07-2020, 07:18 PM
No. Never. I would let a pro do it...and do it right! Dealer will most likely mess it up more.

CleanIT
03-07-2020, 07:22 PM
Thanks, I figured. What is infuriating is that I told them NOT to touch it.

Bill D
03-07-2020, 07:46 PM
What kind of car is it?

FUNX650
03-07-2020, 07:50 PM
Would you let the dealership correct
the mistake for free...

Nope. Never.

...or just suck it up and pay someone to do it?

Just think about it as a lesson learned.

I don't have the tools or experience to do it myself.
I am also good friends with a top notch detialer.

Let the top notch Detailer do the correction
this time around.

With that all being said...

Now, take a look in the mirror
and tell yourself the following:

‘The next time that paint correction is needed,
I’ll be better equipped, and trained; Because’:
........ http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/B91F928B-490A-4187-B560-FE9A5ABC3543.jpeg ........

:xyxthumbs:

Bob

CleanIT
03-07-2020, 07:54 PM
What kind of car is it?

Mazda with Metallic Gray.

*I specifically told them NOT to wash it but they did anyway.

Bill D
03-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Uh oh. That’s a tragedy. Mazda paint is kinda fragile too. Tell the detailer to be gentle with it. Hope it all works out for you.

Bruno Soares
03-07-2020, 08:08 PM
How will you care for the car once it’s flawless?

Sometimes people don’t want swirls but they want to wash in tunnel type car wash which will swirl it all up so if you’re not willing to use good technique and hand wash at home it’s pointless to ensure a perfect finish now.

Also, the dealer washed it before delivery contrary to your request but depending on how long that car sat at their lot, they had already washed it a bunch of times.

CleanIT
03-07-2020, 08:16 PM
How will you care for the car once it’s flawless?

Sometimes people don’t want swirls but they want to wash in tunnel type car wash which will swirl it all up so if you’re not willing to use good technique and hand wash at home it’s pointless to ensure a perfect finish now.

Also, the dealer washed it before delivery contrary to your request but depending on how long that car sat at their lot, they had already washed it a bunch of times.

I wash all my cars by hand so I want it perfect from the start.

Bill D
03-07-2020, 08:20 PM
I guess since the paint is already swirled, have the detailer clay it before correcting it. At least you’ll be getting some decontamination done.

MarkD51
03-07-2020, 08:26 PM
No!
Don't trust the dealer's shallow promises.

Bill D
03-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Trust the competent detailer only.

psnt1ol
03-07-2020, 10:13 PM
This happened to me several years ago when I took my car in for maintenance. Told them not to wash it. Hung a sign on the rear view mirror saying not to wash it.... they did anyways. They also offered to fix it but I told them I wasn't interested. I did managed to get a few hundred dollars worth of credits at the dealership to be spend on whatever I want.

After my incident with them, their antennas were up every time I went in for service and the service consultant would end every service order with "Yes... we know not to wash the car". LOL