PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to McKees?

Hermes1
03-06-2020, 12:42 PM
I have been away for a while and upon my return looking for RV product I do not see McKees listed under RV products or under Brand name search.

Rsurfer
03-06-2020, 12:58 PM
I have been away for a while and upon my return looking for RV product I do not see McKees listed under RV products or under Brand name search.
The agreement between AG and McKees has terminated. McKees is still in business, Google them.

Hermes1
03-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Oh crap! Thank you for your reply.

pilotpip
03-06-2020, 10:17 PM
I stopped in AG when I was in Stuart for work so I could buy a couple things and not worry about them freezing during shipping. Wanted a bottle of 360, and was informed by the nice lady working the lobby. I tried buying some of their boat and RV AIO listed here on clearance, and they were already out.

They're still in business, just down the street. Their site has their car, boat and RV line. The price point of the products was a little more "consumer" friendly than blackfire and that's why I used it. However, their new site has higher prices that are in line with blackfire. Autogeek has always treated me right so I'll be staying here with either the "new" DP products or blackfire.

custmsprty
03-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Basically Bob Mckee sold AG/PBMG for most likely a lot of $$$$$. Probably part of the agreement in the sale with Vision Investments was that AG would continue to sell Mckee's (which is owned by Bob) and he most likley had a non compete that he couldn't start up another company in the detailing product distribution business during that time frame and now that agreement has ended.

Avgguy
03-22-2020, 12:30 PM
Basically Bob Mckee sold AG/PBMG for most likely a lot of $$$$$. Probably part of the agreement in the sale with Vision Investments was that AG would continue to sell Mckee's (which is owned by Bob) and he most likley had a non compete that he couldn't start up another company in the detailing product distribution business during that time frame and now that agreement has ended.

That's a good explanation.