PDA

View Full Version : Protectant for interior of convertible

Coatingsarecrack
03-03-2020, 08:52 PM
So just cleaned my interior with conelly’s leather for learher seats and vinyl pads and LATA 10-1 for my plastic trim pieces. I bought Gyeon leather coat for the seats but forgot to get something with UV protection for dash and plastics.

By plastics i mean door panel and center console material. I’m not opposed to coatings but think that would leave plastics shiny.

Would like matte to aatin finish and good UV protection.

Thanks in advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damonb10
03-03-2020, 11:28 PM
303 aerospace protectant is great for protecting vinyl rubber and plastics with uv protection and leaves a matte to satin finish.

The Guz
03-04-2020, 12:55 AM
I’m not opposed to coatings but think that would leave plastics shiny.

Would like matte to aatin finish and good UV protection.

They won't. I coated the interior of mine with Cquartz Leather Coating and Adams Trim Coating. No increase in shine. If anything a darkening effect.

Coatingsarecrack
03-04-2020, 02:46 AM
They won't. I coated the interior of mine with Cquartz Leather Coating and Adams Trim Coating. No increase in shine. If anything a darkening effect.

I was thinking of getting Gyeon leather shield. 20ml more for $10 less. Not about the $10 really but 20ml more to cover more parts.

Did you try LS on any door panels or such?

Coatingsarecrack
03-04-2020, 03:07 AM
303 aerospace protectant is great for protecting vinyl rubber and plastics with uv protection and leaves a matte to satin finish.

I actually forgot i bout a bottle from Auto zone a month or two ago. My only worry is that with top down and all those UV’s i may have to apply monthly and i’d rather apply a product that will give 6 months through spring and summer. If it’s best option guess ill have too

The Guz
03-04-2020, 12:41 PM
I was thinking of getting Gyeon leather shield. 20ml more for $10 less. Not about the $10 really but 20ml more to cover more parts.

Did you try LS on any door panels or such?

Used the coatings for their intended surfaces. Leather/Vinyl gets that and plastic trim gets the trim coating.

Coatingsarecrack
03-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Used the coatings for their intended surfaces. Leather/Vinyl gets that and plastic trim gets the trim coating.

Trims description specified exterior surface. So does Adam’s. Have you tried either of these on interior trim?

Sorry for all the questions

The Guz
03-04-2020, 08:16 PM

Trims description specified exterior surface. So does Adam’s. Have you tried either of these on interior trim?

Sorry for all the questions

See my previous post. Try a test spot first or get a spare piece of plastic interior trim to see if you like it.

I almost forgot I made this video on this panel.

YouTube (https://youtu.be/cb0jKlgLeYw)