PDA

View Full Version : Blowing of car after rain....

Coatingsarecrack
03-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Will blow drying (MV master blaster) after a rain be beneficial or detrimental to paint or LSP? Just rained for a month straight and normally i do a rinseless or waterless a week but felt at one point it was too dirty to risk.

Can i just blow rain of nightly? I would be doing this after driving roughly 80 miles a fay while car is sitting outside for 8-10 hours a day.

Thanks in advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Route246
03-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Is this to avoid spotting or to clean or other reason? In general, rain is usually soft water and doesn't spot up much.

PaulMys
03-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Rain itself isn't really the problem.

It's the road film and dirt that it carries up from the road and onto your paint. (Usually about 18 hours after a full wash). :(

2black1s
03-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Blowing it off won't hurt anything but if you live in an area where it rained for a month, what's the point?

Bill D
03-02-2020, 08:52 PM
You can try it and see what the car looks like but chances are you’ll need to wash that road film off. After a month in conditions like that I’d say it definitely needs to be washed.

FUNX650
03-02-2020, 09:12 PM
Will blow drying (MV master blaster)
after a rain be beneficial or detrimental
to paint or LSP?

Just rained for a month straight and
normally i do a rinseless or waterless
a week but felt at one point it was too
dirty to risk.

Can i just blow rain of nightly?
I would be doing this after driving
roughly 80 miles a fay while car is
sitting outside for 8-10 hours a day.

What Coating is on your vehicle?

I’m thinking that a Coating that has, at
least, a decent self-cleaning characteristic
should still be faring quite well after just a
month of being rained upon.

•If so:
Blow at will.

•If not:
Do a “test spot”.

Bob

Rsurfer
03-02-2020, 09:13 PM
Will blow drying (MV master blaster) after a rain be beneficial or detrimental to paint or LSP? Just rained for a month straight and normally i do a rinseless or waterless a week but felt at one point it was too dirty to risk.

Can i just blow rain of nightly? I would be doing this after driving roughly 80 miles a fay while car is sitting outside for 8-10 hours a day.

Thanks in advanced

Imo driving 80 miles a day will result in too much road grime to be blown away with a blower. It probably won't mar the paint by blow drying, but whats the point if its been raining for a month.

Coatingsarecrack
03-03-2020, 02:06 AM
It’s the spotting which will clean but the hopes is to keep film from building up. Ultimately would be to blow rain off th keep from heavy build up and rinseless once a week with maybe a second waterless.

But ya your right blowing it off probably wont help with the amount of of RF on the bottom