PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Big Red Sponge?

Eldorado2k
03-01-2020, 11:27 AM
What’s the best way to go about cleaning/washing a BRS that may have been left outside for a couple of months collecting dust in the sun? I’d like to hear from people who’ve actually had to clean their BRS in the past. Thanks.

spazzz
03-01-2020, 12:51 PM
What’s the best way to go about cleaning/washing a BRS that may have been left outside for a couple of months collecting dust in the sun? I’d like to hear from people who’ve actually had to clean their BRS in the past. Thanks.

Back when I had one (LOL), I would soak it in Megs APC, then ZEP industrial orange degreaser. And hand rinse and rinse and rinse.
Did it look okay when you got it?

Eldorado2k
03-01-2020, 01:18 PM
Back when I had one (LOL), I would soak it in Megs APC, then ZEP industrial orange degreaser. And hand rinse and rinse and rinse.
Did it look okay when you got it?

I was hoping you wouldn’t see this... lol.
But now that you have, I might as well show you what it looks like right now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200301/3fb144ac4776121388203c3542aab05d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200301/80cc108e39e25130d16c85772eb5bd55.jpg

Megs APC? Man that sounds like a nightmare to rinse off.. Maybe I’ll try Wolfgang APC? Or maybe 3D Towel Kleen can do it? Thanks for chiming in. And it looked great when it arrived.

Finick
03-01-2020, 08:14 PM
Any APC or degreaser will do fine. Just spray it and massage it in and then rinse. I had similar results with OPC or the degrease that rhymes with duper spleen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
03-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Any APC or degreaser will do fine. Just spray it and massage it in and then rinse. I had similar results with OPC or the degrease that rhymes with duper spleen

I’m thinking about LATA. Since it’s low sudsing and high cleaning? It’s what I clean my polishing pads with

Finick
03-01-2020, 08:48 PM
I’m thinking about LATA. Since it’s low sudsing and high cleaning? It’s what I clean my polishing pads with

I think it would be fine, I can’t imagine it would hurt the sponge. You’d be surprised how much crap comes out of even a pretty clean looking sponge.

Coatingsarecrack
03-02-2020, 05:20 AM
Have you tried anappy clean before? You can get a few small packs of AG for around 4$. Its citrus based but it works great on cleaning foam pads and rinses out super easy.

:Note i do not own a BRS but that stuff makes foam pads squeeky clean