PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Product Suggest to use with Bead Maker

Pages : [1] 2

RedHot1LE
02-26-2020, 11:34 AM
Please forgive me, I don’t feel like a man unless I have 30 Layers of product on my car :p

Anyway! I’ve been using Bead Maker and love the Gloss, Hydrophobic properties and the fact that it’s dead simple to use. I use it as a rinse aid with every wash and wash my cars pretty much every week. Right now, I’m using 3D Poxy as a base layer and top that with bead maker after every wash. I’m happy with the results, But I like trying new products. I’m looking for something to replace 3D Poxy that is super simple to use, will fill/mask minor imperfections, add some gloss and depth, and won’t stain trim.

Thanks!

Cstamp3084
02-26-2020, 12:19 PM
I use beadmaker the same way after every wash. I plan on doing a one step when winters over. I’m either going to use play maker there aio or I would like to try there ultra sealant as a base layer.

RedHot1LE
02-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! I've not heard of P&S Ultracoat, I'll have to check it out. I wonder compares to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

I used 3D Speed a while ago and it turned out great. I was thinking about using Play Maker but 3D Speed was a bit cheaper.

XJL
02-26-2020, 03:11 PM
Have you tried Jescar Powerlock? It's very similar to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Amazing product. Do two coats with at least 12 hours between coats. Then top it with Bead Maker. Another suggestion, instead of using Bead Maker as a drying aid, apply it with a foam pad. Do one panel or 1/2 a panel at a time and wipe off. Since I've been using this method the shine is even better. I think the left over water dilutes the product somewhat when you use it as a drying aid. I just use diluted ONR as my drying aid.

Power Lock Sealant Jescar Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant, Menzerna auto sealant, car sealant, paint sealant protectant (https://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-power-lock-sealant.html)

Cstamp3084
02-26-2020, 03:14 PM
They sell ultra coat in AutoGeek store. Unfortunately there are no reviews and I can’t find any info in the forums for it. The other thing that keeps me from trying it is that it’s only sold in 32oz or gallons.

Rsurfer
02-26-2020, 03:26 PM
Please forgive me, I don’t feel like a man unless I have 30 Layers of product on my car :p

Anyway! I’ve been using Bead Maker and love the Gloss, Hydrophobic properties and the fact that it’s dead simple to use. I use it as a rinse aid with every wash and wash my cars pretty much every week. Right now, I’m using 3D Poxy as a base layer and top that with bead maker after every wash. I’m happy with the results, But I like trying new products. I’m looking for something to replace 3D Poxy that is super simple to use, will fill/mask minor imperfections, add some gloss and depth, and won’t stain trim.

Thanks!

Isn't 3D Poxy a wax?

RedHot1LE
02-26-2020, 03:49 PM
Have you tried Jescar Powerlock? It's very similar to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Amazing product. Do two coats with at least 12 hours between coats. Then top it with Bead Maker. Another suggestion, instead of using Bead Maker as a drying aid, apply it with a foam pad. Do one panel or 1/2 a panel at a time and wipe off. Since I've been using this method the shine is even better. I think the leftover water dilutes the product somewhat when you use it as a drying aid. I just use diluted ONR as my drying aid.

Power Lock Sealant Jescar Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant, Menzerna auto sealant, car sealant, paint sealant protectant (https://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-power-lock-sealant.html)

I haven't tried Powerlock but it's definitely on my radar. Do you know if it has any fillers or masks minor imperfections? What dilution ratio are you using for ONR?
I'm going to have to your method of applying bead maker! Gloss is very addictive. I don't think I'll stop until I have cataracts or go blind from too much gloss. :)

Isn't 3D Poxy a wax?

Yup... They call it a hybrid sealant. I did a one-step correction on my car with 3D Speed then topped that with Poxy and later Bead Maker. So that's where I'm at right now. Looking to try something else...

PaulMys
02-26-2020, 06:02 PM
Have you ever tried anything from Collinite?

FUNX650
02-26-2020, 07:40 PM
I’m looking for something to replace 3D Poxy
that is super simple to use, will fill/mask minor
imperfections, add some gloss and depth, and
won’t stain trim.

•IMO:
-Meguiar’s White Wax, or their Black Wax,
will meet your above criteria.

•Note regarding trim:
-I always dress the trim before using
AIOs and LSPs. (It’s often better than
having to tape it first; or “scrape” it later.)

Bob

ZiggyPopp
02-26-2020, 09:40 PM
I like CarPro Gliss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
02-27-2020, 02:34 AM
Car Pros essence+ sounds like what your looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gorillapr
02-27-2020, 09:24 AM
303 Touchless Sealant as a base and Bead Maker as a drying aid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Rsurfer
02-27-2020, 03:21 PM
Isn't 3D Poxy a wax?

Poxy contains Montan wax and shouldn't be under a sealant.

XJL
02-27-2020, 04:51 PM
I haven't tried Powerlock but it's definitely on my radar. Do you know if it has any fillers or masks minor imperfections? What dilution ratio are you using for ONR?

I'm not sure about fillers but probably not. As far as the ONR, I use the dilutions ratio recommended for doing a rinse less wash and I get the ONR with Carnuba wax added.

gorillapr
02-29-2020, 04:44 AM
Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)