PDA

View Full Version : Clays...

AjNavo61490
03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
My dad and i were looking at our two Jet Black BMWs and saw little white spots ALL OVER the cars... even after a wash. So, i think its mabe tree sap or something that I can get out with clay. Anyone try Meguiar's Aggressive Clay? Because I did a test spot on the hood of my car with the OTC clay Meguiar's offers and it seemed like it picked up SOME of the white specs but not much...

help me out here guys!!!

richy
03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Tree sap can be a ##### to get out. If the clay doesn't work, try Isopropyl alcohol on a mf. Or saturate a paper towel with some and let it sit there and soften it up. Good luck.

imageautodetail
03-22-2008, 11:40 AM
besides claying just to prep and smooth the surface, I always use a body solvent on tar overspray etc, before breaking out aggressive clay. 90% of the time it works with much less effort, I use megs mild and aggressive and both are great products, I primarily use the sponge for normal prep, which has been a great time and money saver in my eyes

AjNavo61490
03-22-2008, 11:58 AM
besides claying just to prep and smooth the surface, I always use a body solvent on tar overspray etc, before breaking out aggressive clay. 90% of the time it works with much less effort, I use megs mild and aggressive and both are great products, I primarily use the sponge for normal prep, which has been a great time and money saver in my eyes

what solvent would you use before the aggressive clay?

imageautodetail
03-22-2008, 01:15 PM
what solvent would you use before the aggressive clay? I have prokem solvesall and pro right now

David Fermani
03-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I'd avoid using an agressive clay on soft solid black BMW clear. Test out some alcohol in a small area and see how that works. Are you sure it's tree sap (white??) and not paint overspray? Positive diagnosis if key prior to attempting removal of any kind of contamination on a surface.

AjNavo61490
03-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I'd avoid using an agressive clay on soft solid black BMW clear. Test out some alcohol in a small area and see how that works. Are you sure it's tree sap (white??) and not paint overspray? Positive diagnosis if key prior to attempting removal of any kind of contamination on a surface.

haha SOFT BMW clear? wow apparently you don't have a BMW hehe

hardest clear EVER!!!

but yeah, its uniform all over my paint/glass... ill take pics and post em to see if yalls can see

David Fermani
03-22-2008, 06:28 PM
From what I've gathered from speaking with a local BMW dealer and on several threads, solid black late model BMW paint is extremely soft. Actually one of the softest. Even the black BMW Master Totoland Mach says so.......