PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Hydro2 Lite

Pages : [1] 2 3

tim500
02-23-2020, 10:31 AM
Does anyone know or used Carpro Hydro Lite as a spray on wipe off instead of spraying off with water. The carpro website states that it can be a spray on wipe off but I can't find any verification of that.

https://carpro.global/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/CARPRO_Catalogue2019.pdf

WaxMaster1
02-23-2020, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know or used Carpro Hydro Lite as a spray on wipe off instead of spraying off with water. The carpro website states that it can be a spray on wipe off but I can't find any verification of that.

https://carpro.global/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/CARPRO_Catalogue2019.pdf

I always buy HydrO2 and dilute to my favorite ratio. My understanding is that HydrO2 Lite is just ready to go out of the bottle. But if the Carpro website says it can be sprayed on and wiped off, what more verification would you need. That info is coming straight from the horse's mouth as they say. Just try it.

tim500
02-23-2020, 10:38 AM
its not clear mentions it in the description but the instructions discuss hosing it off.

WaxMaster1
02-23-2020, 10:45 AM
My guess is that no further instructions are needed for "spray on and wipe" off..... pretty self explanatory. The traditional way has more variables such as amount used and dwell time and overlapping, etc. If you have a bottle, try it.

tim500
02-23-2020, 10:49 AM
I have not purchased it yet. What is you opinion of CarPro Hydro2 Lite vs Reload?

WaxMaster1
02-23-2020, 10:53 AM
I have a bottle of Reload which I never really used, except once on my Harley fairing. It did well for me. I buy regular HydrO2 and dilute it 7:1 and use on wheels exclusively and sometimes on intricate front ends. I probably wouldn't consider the Lite version, since I could mix up my own version.

AutowerxDetailing
02-23-2020, 10:37 PM
You can use Hydro2Lite just like Reload. Spray on and wipe off. It can get a little streaky if you use too much... just like Reload.

tim500
02-23-2020, 11:44 PM
You can use Hydro2Lite just like Reload. Spray on and wipe off. It can get a little streaky if you use too much... just like Reload.

what is better hydro2Lite or Reload? which is easier to apply and remove?

The Guz
02-24-2020, 12:20 PM
what is better hydro2Lite or Reload? which is easier to apply and remove?

What is it you are trying to accomplish with either product? Are you dead set on only these products?

Bruno Soares
02-24-2020, 03:17 PM
I have not purchased it yet. What is you opinion of CarPro Hydro2 Lite vs Reload?

If you want a topper to extend the life of your coating then I'd use Elixir instead of either Hydro2 or Reload. Easier to use, better looks, more hydrophobic. Elixir does have both of the other 2 product's in its formula as well as Ech2o but it's just the right amount that it works well.

tim500
02-24-2020, 08:29 PM
If you want a topper to extend the life of your coating then I'd use Elixir instead of either Hydro2 or Reload. Easier to use, better looks, more hydrophobic. Elixir does have both of the other 2 product's in its formula as well as Ech2o but it's just the right amount that it works well.

Bottom line is I want something easy wipe on wipe off. I don't care it I have to do it every 3 months but don't want to have to re-apply every wash or every few washes. I don't want to worry about high sports or swirl marks trying to take off difficult to remove sealant. This would be my primary protection. In Florida, the hot climate makes just about any protection not last as long as I want so I am ok with doing it more often.

Bruno Soares
02-24-2020, 08:48 PM
Ease of use I think is Hydro2 but you’ll have to be careful to only do one panel at a time and rinse very well. This being the normal way of using it, spray on wet car and rinse. I have no idea how good/bad it is to apply as a spray and wipe off product.

Elixir is easy to use and would give you a few weeks of protection but not 3 months I don’t think.

Reload is very easy to mess up and get streaks, especially on a hot panel which washing outside in FL is pretty much a guarantee. I don’t recommend this one.

tim500
02-24-2020, 09:37 PM
Ease of use I think is Hydro2 but you’ll have to be careful to only do one panel at a time and rinse very well. This being the normal way of using it, spray on wet car and rinse. I have no idea how good/bad it is to apply as a spray and wipe off product.

Elixir is easy to use and would give you a few weeks of protection but not 3 months I don’t think.

Reload is very easy to mess up and get streaks, especially on a hot panel which washing outside in FL is pretty much a guarantee. I don’t recommend this one.

How does reload compare to black fire si02 in ease of use?

Bruno Soares
02-25-2020, 07:08 AM
How does reload compare to black fire si02 in ease of use?

I have no experience with the Black Fire product. I actually have never used anything from BF. Nothing against them, just ended up with other products first.

tim500
02-25-2020, 12:35 PM
I have no experience with the Black Fire product. I actually have never used anything from BF. Nothing against them, just ended up with other products first.

I want something that isn’t hard to remove I want to avoid marring and swirls above protection.