PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning your microfiber towels after use?

soapboxpreacher
02-20-2020, 05:20 PM
So I need to clean a great number of microfiber towels. I have Costco free/clear laundry detergent which clean ok but not heavily soiled towels. I have a number of microfibers that are badly soiled...sooo can I add Oxy Clean or Borax to this as a booster or is that bad to do? What do you guys do to wash towels?

PaulMys
02-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Any of my towels that are "badly soiled" get downgraded to wheel/wheel well/door jamb duty.

But, you can try and pre-soak very dirty towels in an APC solution before washing.

FUNX650
02-20-2020, 08:40 PM
I have a number of microfibers that are
badly soiled...sooo can I add Oxy Clean
or Borax to this as a booster or is that
bad to do? What do you guys do to
wash towels?

•I’ll often pre-soak badly soiled MF-towels
in a big bucket containing a solution of my
Free ‘n’ Clear liquid laundry detergent, along
with a capful or so of OxiClean Liquid Free &
Clear...way before they go into the washer.

•Note:
-I never use the powdery versions of any
laundry detergents or laundry ‘additives’
to clean MF-towels.

-In fact: watching “Death Valley Days”
re-runs is as close as I ever get to Borax.

Bob

soapboxpreacher
02-20-2020, 09:53 PM
Any of my towels that are "badly soiled" get downgraded to wheel/wheel well/door jamb duty.

But, you can try and pre-soak very dirty towels in an APC solution before washing.

Excuse me for asking, what is APC Solution?

Coatingsarecrack
02-20-2020, 11:01 PM
Excuse me for asking, what is APC Solution?

All Purpose Cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
02-20-2020, 11:04 PM
If towels heavily soiled or cake on with product i soak them in snappy clean. Awesome product.

Snappy Clean Pad Cleaning Powder 12 pack (https://www.autogeek.net/snclpadclpo1.html)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spazzz
02-20-2020, 11:21 PM
Get some ZEP heavy-duty citrus degreaser, add a glug to a 5 gallon bucket and let them soak for a couple days.

Rinse and wring them before washing or you might have a suds fest during the wash.

soapboxpreacher
02-21-2020, 11:46 AM
Get some ZEP heavy-duty citrus degreaser, add a glug to a 5 gallon bucket and let them soak for a couple days.

Rinse and wring them before washing or you might have a suds fest during the wash.

I would imagine dawn would work as well...gentle and cuts grease pretty well without being too strong. Would need to rinse the hell out of the rags prior as that could be a HE washing machine nightmare.